atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: daniel0581 Line Dropping - 04/21/08 09:58 PM
Hello Again,
I have an SX-200 EL, if someone calls in and is put on hold after about 3 or 4 mintutes of being on hold, the system just drops the call. Another thing that happens is that if you call in and no one answers it after about 10 rings, the system just cuts them off. I do not have a voice mail system. On the NEC system that i had, it never did this, nor do analog phones. So it has to be somewhere in the system programming of the SX-200. When i am in the control room by the system watching the lights i call in put my self on hold, non of the leds on the cards are lit except for trunk 1, and after 4 min. you hear a click click (the relay on the board im assuming) and the same thing happens for calls ringing in. You call in 10 rings later when non of the lights are on (except for trunk 1) you hear the relay click and your call has been droped. Thanks in advanced for all of your replies smile

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Line Dropping - 04/21/08 11:44 PM
I'd suggest checking the Night1 answer points.

So, are you an end user?
Posted By: jimmyv Re: Line Dropping - 04/22/08 09:43 AM
Check
COS option 254 - Hold Recall Timer
COS option 222 – Call forwarding inhibit on hold timeout

For the Ring N/A hang ups, check system option 51, Final Ring Timeout. Default is 1 minute.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Line Dropping - 04/22/08 10:03 AM
The call is going on hold, then ringing back to the person who put them on hold. That person has left the room, and not answering the recall.
That's when the final ring timer is cutting them off after 1 minute!
Posted By: daniel0581 Re: Line Dropping - 04/22/08 12:38 PM
Fred,
254 is set to 1 minute
222 is disabled
Also 681 (Key System holt timer) is to 60 seconds
51 is set to 1 minute
So if I change 51 from 1 minute to 30 minutes will this solve both problems or just one of them?

smile

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Line Dropping - 04/22/08 12:49 PM
Extending option 51 will stop the calls from dropping.
All of thew other options should be set according to your preferences.
Sounds like your REAL problem is the people don't answer their phone!!
Posted By: daniel0581 Re: Line Dropping - 04/22/08 01:33 PM
Yep,
Its an office and they are lazy because the receptionist just left their company so now they have calls ringing every phone in the office and they are too lazy to answer the phone because they think the recep. is going to get it. LOL

Thanks,
Daniel

Hey you woldnt happen to know if there is a way to make it where the superconsole 1000 rings (when a trunk rings) and all other phones ring at the same time that you know of. (Other phones are: 1 4150, 1 4025, and a bunch of 4015's) I couldn't figure this out but in my personal opinion the customer is asking too much smile
Posted By: daniel0581 Re: Line Dropping - 04/22/08 01:35 PM
Yep,
Its an office and they are lazy because the receptionist just left their company so now they have calls ringing every phone in the office and they are too lazy to answer the phone because they think the recep. is going to get it. LOL

Thanks,
Daniel

Hey you woldnt happen to know if there is a way to make it where the superconsole 1000 rings (when a trunk rings) and all other phones ring at the same time that you know of. (Other phones are: 1 4150, 1 4025, and a bunch of 4015's) I couldn't figure this out but in my personal opinion the customer is asking too much smile
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Line Dropping - 04/22/08 02:06 PM
Only the 4150's (sub-attendant) can be programmed with LDN keys, so it will ring simultaneously with the console.
Posted By: Dane Re: Line Dropping - 04/22/08 02:22 PM
About the only way you can do this is to set a night 1 answer point ext and program it on a button on all the sets and then set up "Attendant no answer automatic call forward" and then set the timer for a very short interval - that way if the attendat doesn't get it then it will autmatically start ringing on the night 1 answer point on all the other phones - only drawback is once it starts ringing the other phones the console can't answer it. Other option is to have the calls ring to a night bell and give the console the ability to answer it and the other phones could dial a code to answer the call.
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: Line Dropping - 04/22/08 06:19 PM
I can't breathe! :rofl:
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Line Dropping - 04/23/08 05:15 PM
Dan, you are having way too much fun! smile John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: Line Dropping - 04/23/08 05:39 PM
I mean, why don't they just get her back?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help