atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Shawane CO Line Ringing too Long - 11/02/11 06:34 PM
I have a 3300/MCD platform that has analog trunk lines. When callers call in from an external phone, they about four to five rings before the ssyetm initiates it's first ring to the IP sets. If the far end hangs up, the line rings the set for an additional 3 to four rings. I tested this and the end user is accurate. How do I resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: bocko Re: CO Line Ringing too Long - 11/25/11 12:40 PM
place a tone plan marker in the ARS forms
<T01> just like this
Posted By: zete Re: CO Line Ringing too Long - 01/05/12 04:18 PM
Bocko:
I am zete and I am having the same isues with an MCD 5.0. What is a tone plan marker and what ARS forms are required to fix this issue?
Thanks in advance,
Zete
Posted By: EV607797 Re: CO Line Ringing too Long - 01/05/12 06:09 PM
Are the trunks loop or ground-start? Also, if they are loop-start, is the service provider sending a disconnect signal upon the abandoned call?

I'm thinking that the service provider is a CATV company or a CLEC using some form of IAD that doesn't provide the necessary voltages/tolerances that the system expects.
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: CO Line Ringing too Long - 01/06/12 01:10 PM
What kind of trunk is this, where does it donnect to the system, is it a Loop Start, are you expecting caller ID information? If the circuit descriptor defines it as a CLASS trunk and the COS has ANI enabled the system waites a period of time for that information before starting to ring phones.
Since this sounds like incoming calls then ARS and Tone Markers do not apply.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help