atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Ed Lentz 5000 license error - 11/04/11 01:08 PM
We have a 5000 system I think version 3 or so. For an unknown reason it forgot the license existed and went into no license mode. We are not the original dealer and Mitel wants to charge us for a new system license and such. Has anyone else had this issue or know if there is a way to retrieve the original license off the system? We aren't getting any help from Mitel at all. Other than that they want to charge thousands of dollars for new licensing.
Thanks for any suggestions
Posted By: DND ON Re: 5000 license error - 11/04/11 04:28 PM
I’ve had this happen a couple of times, and needed to reload the license file. No warning, it was just gone.

I’m not aware of being able to retrieve the license file from the system.
Posted By: Ed Lentz Re: 5000 license error - 11/04/11 06:24 PM
As I think of how Mitel is responding to our plight. If I purchase a system from a company that is going out of business and do not get get a bill of sale from them Mitel will only help me in this situation by selling me all new licensing. Not very good customer service in my opinion.
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: 5000 license error - 11/05/11 07:32 AM
Your post does not explain who sold the system, who bought the system and who you are in relation to the system. Sounds like it could be a known technical issue and a new dealer should be able to get tech support on this. Also getting in touch with the local Mitel Sales rep might help.
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: 5000 license error - 11/06/11 05:11 PM
We have seen this and so far we have been able to point to power outages as the most likely culprit. . The license key is associated w\ a Mitel dealer and usually only that dealer can download the license. If you guys aren't the original owner of the 5000, then the original owner needs to OK the license transfer to your dealer so they can download it and then upload it to the 5000.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: 5000 license error - 11/06/11 06:21 PM
Is it possible that the "dealer" was a third-market re-seller, i.e. not a Mitel Dealer at all?

If they were a licensed dealer, you should be able to show the proposal, signed contract, or receipt as evidence that you bought the system from a Mitel dealer.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help