atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Thesavo Superset 4025 Own Extension - 06/05/12 10:19 AM
Can anyone tell me what feature code will read out the extension number of a given station?

We have a jack that needs to be setup for a temp and we don't know what the extension number is.

We tried to call another phone with it, but it reads the name of the station, not the number.

We don't have access to programming, and the desi strips are missing?

How can we find out the extension number while stating at the phone.
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: Superset 4025 Own Extension - 06/05/12 10:26 AM
If it is a 4025 all you have to do is press the Superkey and then the lower right line button and it will display the extension number. If you press any of the "line keys" it will display what that key is like a line or feature or speed dial#.
Posted By: Thesavo Re: Superset 4025 Own Extension - 06/05/12 10:33 AM
Great, thanks.
I did that
Tap [SuperKey], then tap the [3123] button that lights up when I make a call.

It reads the name of the old user, E.Smith.

If I try that on another button, this one is called [Reception], it reads the extension number of the reception desk.
Posted By: Thesavo Re: Superset 4025 Own Extension - 06/05/12 11:10 AM
What else can I do to figure out what this extension number is?
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: Superset 4025 Own Extension - 06/05/12 05:56 PM
What system is this phone on? 200, 2000, 3300?
Posted By: jonmyk Re: Superset 4025 Own Extension - 06/05/12 07:39 PM
Did you have someone call 3123 and see if it rings the phone? Is it the bottom right button that lights up when you make a call from that phone?

What else do you want to know about the phone if you already know its extension?
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Superset 4025 Own Extension - 06/06/12 05:13 PM
When you call phone to phone, the display of the called phone should give both extension number AND name. It should say something like:

3123 E.Smith

where 3123 would be the extension, and E.Smith the user.

If you can't get the extension number to display, you can try using the superkey to delete the name, and then call phone to phone with it. It should give a Display that says:

If the problem is that when you call that number (3123) the phone does not ring, then check to see if the phone is set to Call Forward All (again, check this from the SUPERKEY). Also check to see if it is set to DND (Do Not Disturb). You can check this from the -- right, SUPERKEY.

If you have a console, dial zero and see what shows up on the display of the console when you answer. It should give class of service, extension, and username.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help