atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TechGeniuses Mitel SX200 not dialing - 08/11/12 03:11 PM
Hi; I was just thrown a SX200 system to manage at a hotel. I'm learning it as fast as I can but have one major issue with at least three of the 160 extensions. I can dial another room from them, and can recieve calls fine but when try to "dial 9" for an outside call I don't get a dial tone. The line just seems dead. Usually. About 1 in 20 times it works. And only on these few phones. All else is fine. I changed phones so that is not the issue, Any ideas or suggestions where to look? Thanx
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Mitel SX200 not dialing - 08/11/12 05:26 PM
3 QUESTIONS
1. Which SX200, it makes a difference.
2. If you dial 9 and then continue, dial tone or not, does the call go through?
3. Are we discussing room extensions, or.....?
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Mitel SX200 not dialing - 08/11/12 06:24 PM
You have dead a trunk port(s). Probably happening on all stations. Test you trunks & polarity.
Posted By: TechGeniuses Re: Mitel SX200 not dialing - 08/11/12 06:33 PM
Hi and thanks for the quick reply. Not exactly sure how to determine which version it is. There is little documentation. It has a 9110-203-217 integrated processor control. There is a plate with the serial number but it's fairly unreadable.
No to the call going through. I tried that a few times. As mentioned about one time in twenty times I could get a dial tone after hitting the '9 button' which is puzzling. I do get a dial tone when I pick up the phone and can call other rooms or the front desk just not after the '9'.
Thanks
Posted By: TechGeniuses Re: Mitel SX200 not dialing - 08/11/12 06:41 PM
Hi DrPbx. Would that be a dead card? Fortunately the same owner has the same system in another hotel that was replaced so I do have parts!
And the majority of the extensions are fine.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Mitel SX200 not dialing - 08/11/12 10:51 PM
Never mind on the model, it's an SX-200 Generic 217. When you dial '9' you'll see trunk cards light up. My guess is someone did you a favor and changed either the type of signalling or polarity on the trunks. It's not exactly a DIY fix unless you have a set of manuals and about an hour to read up on trunking, class of service, and features. You could be landing an open trunk, or just be restricted from dialing.

Carl

Posted By: Rcaman Re: Mitel SX200 not dialing - 08/11/12 11:52 PM
Yes, you have a Generic 217 which was the last Analog system Mitel manufactured. In that switch you have DTMF receivers. You also have Class Of Service and Class Of Restriction parameters that must be programmed properly.

You are venturing into some deep water here. May I suggust you contact a Mitel tech via PM on this forum or contact a Mitel dealer in your location?

Rcaman
Posted By: TechGeniuses Re: Mitel SX200 not dialing - 08/11/12 11:56 PM
Thanks Carl; I have just downloaded the manuals - all 4000 or so pages and will read up a bit. I do have 'spare cards' so could swap out if I had to. Or just switch trunk lines. I think they have about 16 which is overkill now-a-days.
Thanks again, keith
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Mitel SX200 not dialing - 08/12/12 03:48 AM
Wow. Normal hospitality was 10:1 before cell phones. Nowadays, we usually just put in 3 or 4 trunks for an 80 room property!

You select trunk groups where you put your turnks in. We used to use 82,84,86 etc. as it was the 11th and 12th card slot in the home shelf.

Carl
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Mitel SX200 not dialing - 08/13/12 12:58 PM
Go to the console, and do a direct trunk select on each of the trunks that should be working. If you can't pull CO dial tone that way, it will not work by dialing a '9'( trunk group access code).
Trouble shoot each trunk individually, until all of them work via the direct access method.
Posted By: TechGeniuses Re: Mitel SX200 not dialing - 08/16/12 04:48 PM
Thanks for all of the input. I narrowed it down to one C.O. Truck card and replaced it. All works fine .... for now. It's an old system ( :
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help