atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: teleco SX-50 Trunks not releasing - 04/18/14 02:52 PM
I'm having trouble with loop start lines not releasing. I am getting a disconnect signal, I am using a Time Warner cable modem for the lines.The lines do actually disconnect,but the LED stays red and can not be used. If I pull the bridge clips off, then access the lines, they will release, if the lines are showing busy and I pull the amphenol off the card, they still show busy. No alarms, can't manually release them from the console. I've programmed them for supervised and unsupervised with no change. Any suggestions? Thanks
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: SX-50 Trunks not releasing - 04/18/14 04:25 PM
If the LED stays lit, after pulling of the amp cable, I'd suggest replacing the trunk card.
Posted By: teleco Re: SX-50 Trunks not releasing - 04/23/14 11:45 AM
Replaced trunk card, no change. T&R were reversed, also grounded KSU to cable modem, and problem cleared. The thing that still gets me is the other day when the trunks did not releasing after I pulled the amp conn. from the card. Thanks
Posted By: Rcaman Re: SX-50 Trunks not releasing - 04/23/14 05:36 PM
Methinks Sum Ting Wong. Grounding the PBX should be to the building ground which should be bonded to ALL telephone equipment including the modem. Just grounding the modem to the PBX would have no effect on loop start trunks. There is no reference point on loop start to ground as the loop IS the circuit. If this were Open Tip (Ground Start) then I could see a possibility.

I think you need to check programming and make sure the trunks are setup for loop start.

Rcaman
Posted By: teleco Re: SX-50 Trunks not releasing - 04/23/14 09:02 PM
Rcaman what I did fixed the problem. Somting not wong anymore, as I stated in my post.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help