atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have an SX-200 bay off a 3300. One of the bays, the analog phones on it stop audibly ringing after a couple rings.
I have tried changing COS on phones on the bay, I have swapped working ONS cards, I have tried 3 different power supplies.
- I have not (recently) replaced the bay control card in the bay, I have not tried swapping out the cabinet of the bay.
The bay itself does have a glitch where it continually indicates there is an incorrect card installed:
"No card should be at location 05 01 07 incorrect card installed = 12 Port ONS" <- it has been saying this for about a year however, today after swapping power supplies it has decided the imaginary card isn't 5/1/8 anymore but is now 5/1/7.
The bay itself has 6x ONS cards in it.
I'm thinking of going back to the office for another cabinet.
I'd appreciate any of your guesses.
This is going to be hard to do on a working system.

1. Run a database backup.

2. Re-initialize the system.

3. When the system is up, look at the configuration and see what is in Bay 5. Of course, there should be nothing. If there is something in bay 5, you have a bad bay. If not, then proceed to step 4.

4. Reload the saved database.

5. Now look at the configuration. If the phantom module appears, you know you have corruption in the database. If it doesn't, then you know you have a flaky memory module or memory card.

Rcaman
I did a scheduled reboot and it didn't fix it.
I took a LS/GS card out of a bay and put it in slot 7 and the messages about incorrect cards installed in slots, stopped and the ringing works.
2 wrongs make a right.
I ended up having an ONS card in another bay die, I used that in slot 8 of this crazy bay and then put good one I had put in the slot into the other bay so that worked out too.
I am told that when people have seen something similar with the imaginary cards that actually powering off the controller completely and then powering it back on might help.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help