atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bman DN dialing from A.A. - 07/29/04 09:03 AM
Is there any way on a MICS 6.0 and NAM, to stop certain DN's from being dialed from the A.A.

Thanks!
Posted By: jwooten Re: DN dialing from A.A. - 07/29/04 11:01 AM
Never had to restrict dn to dn dialing. Dialing filters possibly. Very good question.

[This message has been edited by jwooten (edited July 29, 2004).]
Posted By: Bman Re: DN dialing from A.A. - 07/29/04 11:08 AM
Yeah, they don't want some dn's to receive calls from people dialing them when calling in from the AA. Also how do you change the password for admin on the NAM?
Posted By: BCM programmer Re: DN dialing from A.A. - 09/17/04 11:49 PM
Don't think you can restrict that at the AA level.
Posted By: Toner Re: DN dialing from A.A. - 09/18/04 06:43 AM
I wanted to do the same thing a while ago, but couldn't think of a good way to do it. The only answer I came up with was to put the set on DND and lock it, but then it can't receive internal calls or pages either.
Posted By: BCM programmer Re: DN dialing from A.A. - 09/18/04 07:27 AM
This seems to be an issue for an employee who is not trustworthy, and management has concerns about them taking too much time on the phone with personal calls?

I had some ideas, but if the above is the case then they could easily be defeated be feature deactivations.
Posted By: Z-man Re: DN dialing from A.A. - 09/18/04 08:20 PM
if you just want people not to find them, remove thier mailbox from the directory. Another round about way might be to give them extensions within a certain range, say 100 and up, and setup a CCR tree to point the digit 1 to the operator. I haven't actually tried this, but may work.
Posted By: Bman Re: DN dialing from A.A. - 10/04/04 05:42 AM
Deleting the mail box, and ext. from dir. does not stop them from dialing the ext. from the AA. Never tried feature deactivation how is that accomplished?
Posted By: bigjim Re: DN dialing from A.A. - 10/04/04 01:00 PM
make all lines appear and not ring on that set then they will not know if someone is calling them its under terminal and sets
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help