atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: PhoneGuy CICS and VMAIL - 05/23/05 05:23 AM
On a Nortel ICS, if a call is transfered to a station in use, or in DND, the transfered call is sent back to the station that origonally transfered the call. IE: Station 101 transfers call to station 108, if 108 is in use or in DND it is sent back to 101. The VM unit is a Call Pilot 150. Currently all stations on this system are set for No Answer trans to VM.
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: CICS and VMAIL - 05/23/05 05:59 AM
Not sure of your question, but it sounds like you want the sets to tranfer to vocimail on Busy or DND as well? There are two different forwarding options, Call Fwd No Answer and, Call forward on busy. Sounds like you just need to set up the Call Forward on Busy to voice mail, and set DND on busy to yes.
Posted By: PhoneGuy Re: CICS and VMAIL - 05/23/05 09:55 AM
I think we tried all this I will check again. Any thoughts why the calls would be bouncing back,if we in fact have made the programming changes?

TIA
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: CICS and VMAIL - 05/23/05 10:39 AM
I feel pretty safe saying the CFB option and DND on usy options are not set up, but stranger things have happened. As long as the VM is indeed answering correctly when they are not on thier phone or in DND, sounds like you have got evertyhing else you need set up.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: CICS and VMAIL - 05/23/05 10:46 AM
Try turning off the CF busy. I find that creates more issues with the Call pilot. The system software will forward with forward no answer programming only. See if that doesn't fix your issue. There is also a listing in the AA to return to AA that you may have to play with.
Posted By: PhoneGuy Re: CICS and VMAIL - 05/23/05 10:54 AM
I appreciate all the input. We will check it out.
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: CICS and VMAIL - 05/23/05 11:03 AM
RFB, What issues have you have with the Call Pilot and DND? Most of my VM's are the Flash's but have not had any trouble with DND on the handfull of Call Pilots I have out there. The call pilot will forward on busy with only the CFNA set up?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: CICS and VMAIL - 05/23/05 11:40 AM
Never set up CFB on the newer systems. The system software is smart enough to send the call to vmail on a busy situation. Programming the system with call pilot to call forward busy to vmail calls the calls to reroute to the auto attendant, transferring station or some other wierd place. Nortel tech support says don't use the feature. Only program the CFNA option. It solved alot of our issues.
Posted By: PhoneGuy Re: CICS and VMAIL - 05/23/05 04:49 PM
You all are awesome. Thanks for everyones comments and suggestions.

Mike
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help