atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bigwhitedog Norstar CICS Caller ID setup - 05/24/05 10:03 AM
I know this Q has probably been asked and answered, but I really need help.

Currently I have Norstar CICS with three phones connected, all of which ring on incoming calls.

The caller ID info does not display on the phone until after the phone is answered.

I need detailed instructions on how to make caller id info show up on all sets, before being answered.

I'm not a pro at this, but I have the responsibility of administering our system, so everyone complains to me.

Thanks in advance for advice, tips, suggestions, or preferably, detailed instructions on how to cure this.
Posted By: ckfender Re: Norstar CICS Caller ID setup - 05/24/05 12:35 PM
you have to go into each phone set under
term. & sets and turn on the caller id for each phone.
Posted By: ckfender Re: Norstar CICS Caller ID setup - 05/24/05 12:43 PM
i think it may be under capabilities in term and set programing
Posted By: King tip and ring Re: Norstar CICS Caller ID setup - 05/24/05 12:52 PM
I beleive that unless the lines are all appear and ring you wont get the caller id untill you pick up. What you can do is assign a feature 811 key and the customer can press that key when a call comes in before they answer.
Posted By: Bob3470 Re: Norstar CICS Caller ID setup - 05/24/05 04:29 PM
On a CICS call caller id shows up on all sets that are programed to ring. There are 2 places under T&S for programing each set. One for call log options under User Preferences and the other Teleco Feat for log space if you want to log calls

------------------
Posted By: Z-man Re: Norstar CICS Caller ID setup - 05/26/05 03:17 PM
I can't remember if you need a certain release of CICS.

I have a 4.12, and it will only display caller ID info if the call is answered or they press feature 811. Does this sound right?
Posted By: Bob3470 Re: Norstar CICS Caller ID setup - 05/26/05 09:28 PM
I have it on relese 4.0 and it shows up on all sets. Under T&S on the particular set did you go into Telco Feat >Class Assignment and turn on caller id for each line you wanted it to show up on?

good luck

------------------
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help