atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Danny_Ocean "Answer DN"...what am I missing? - 11/15/05 07:17 PM
I set up a new CICS (7.0) today. Have five lines set to "appear & ring" on 221. I also have the same lines appearing/ringing on the VM DN (235?). The CallPilot answers (0 rings) and does its' thing without issue.

221 is un-manned. On the occasion a caller presses "0" during the announcement, 221 will ring. The person sitting nearby (224) wants to answer 221 if this situation arises (before the caller goes to GenDelivery).

I programmed an "Answer DN" on 224 for 221. When 221 is ringing (after pressing "0" during the greeting) and you press "Ans 221" on the other set, the display reads "Calling 221". It will not answer 221. (I've tried both "appear only" and "appear & ring"). I've checked the programming (Feat * 0) and the button reads "Ans. 221".

To temporarily remedy this, I placed a "group pick-up" button on 224 and instructed the client to use that button.

I've set up hundreds of phones with the Answer DN feature and never had this issue.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA
Well I have been hearing that 7.0 has bugs, and this could be another one.

The group pick-up is a workable solution.

If you absolutely have to have it the other way, you may be SOL.

The first version of 4.0 had bugs, the first version of 5.0 had T-1/PRI bugs, and you expect perfection on 7.0? Perfection comes after the second maintenance release but then you are almost ready for the next release.

Good luck, but I think you did everything right and the pick-up works, so at this moment you just need to find additional bugs and work around them.

We've had grafitti vandals spray this building down the street repeatedly at night and I cover it with grey paint (no gang has grey for a color) because I don't want it to spread to my building.

Tonight I got the bright idea of leaving piles of dog poo where they stand to spray. Now that will be their bug in the spray can release.

Cheers, Bunnie
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: "Answer DN"...what am I missing? - 11/16/05 04:57 AM
Thanks for the scoop.

Gangs? I left that problem behind when I left Calif. Here in FLA, the police are allowed to thump them. You don't mess with Sheriff Bubba!
Posted By: twisted pair Re: "Answer DN"...what am I missing? - 11/16/05 06:22 AM
I have also ran into this recently, trying to set up an "answer button" for a cordless from a deskset. I ended up using "group pick-up". The "appear only" or "appear & ring" shouldn't make any difference, the V/M is transfering through "intercom". You should have 221 set not to ring anyway because the V/M is set at 0 rings, you would otherwise always get that annoying half ring on the reception phone. Actually, if you have CI cards, you will want to set the V/M to answer after 2 rings on each line so that call display info is allowed through.
Posted By: telemarv Re: "Answer DN"...what am I missing? - 11/16/05 11:27 AM
when do F*0 on the button you're pressing to answer, does it say its answer button.

you can try using HG for "0" calls.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: "Answer DN"...what am I missing? - 11/16/05 05:40 PM
Yes, F*0 at button reads "Ans 221". When you press the button, it calls 221 and the display reads "Calling 221".

I'll try a hunt group (and/or Group Pick-up), but I thought Answer DN should work...
Two bucks says its a bug in recently released 7.0, any takers or is it illegal to do interstate gambling on this board?

Anyone have a system they are going to soon with 7.0 to see if they can duplicate the problem? Only a minute of programming.

I have no 7.0 out there or I would try it.
Posted By: Sydeshow MO Re: "Answer DN"...what am I missing? - 11/16/05 09:14 PM
IMO I think it is also a bug. Nothing hard about a ANS DN key. I have the same setup but on the stable CICS 7.0 answering ext. 221 with a ANS DN Key at 234 of 221.

Everyone says MICS 7.0 has bugs but not CICS 7.0

We dont sell to much Nortel anymore since ESI has been selling better for us in medium, small business markets. Im still an avid Nortel guy though and always will be.

Cheers
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: "Answer DN"...what am I missing? - 11/17/05 07:00 AM
Who/What is "ESI"?
ESI is a phone manufacturer/importer/whatever in Plano Texas.

They make a couple systems that run off a hard drive.

Some people like them, some not, but it is not big competition for anyone.

They are into Voip phones now, we just clobbered the hell out of then on a sale that is going in this comming week.
Posted By: samh Re: "Answer DN"...what am I missing? - 11/18/05 08:43 AM
There is a problem with the 7.0 s/w and a lot of issues and bugs. The answer DN is happen to be one of them however it should answer the original DN when its rings but if you press it will also call the extension as well(should not happen) in your case if the answer DN its not answering ,then maybe your s/w is more corrupted. I would suggest if you don't have a lot of programming is to do a startup and start programming from the scratch. We all hope for one time Nortel have it right from the first time but till then we wait for the MR (maintenance release) versions. I hope that helps.
Posted By: U-TEL-US Re: "Answer DN"...what am I missing? - 11/22/05 10:19 PM
I had a simmiler problem ,when the main reception phone was cf to eg. 234 and wanted 235 to have a answer dn on it and to get this to work you have to go to system programing ..show . next to featr settings..show next to ansKey and change it from Basic to either enhanced or extended I cant remember which and that solved the problem let me know how you make out
Posted By: twisted pair Re: "Answer DN"...what am I missing? - 11/23/05 07:20 AM
I seen that too, anyone know the difference in those settings that U-Tel-Us describes above? Just started noticing that option on newer software versions.
Posted By: samh Re: "Answer DN"...what am I missing? - 11/23/05 07:36 AM
Quoted from the Norstar manual:
With the default Basic setting, answer keys do not ring for:
• Prime set call capture
• call forwarded calls
• Other answer key calls
• Priority calls
• Voice calls
• ringing service
• Callbacks
The Enhanced setting is the same as the Basic setting except that answer
Keys will ring for overflow call routed calls (special case of Prime set call
Capture). Answer keys will not ring for line transferred calls (although
Basic will ring).
The Extended setting allows ring for all call types except priority calls and
Voice calls.

As you can see it should not ring any extension when you press the answer DN button in any setting, so its just one of the bugs in the s/w.That’s my opinion anyway.
Posted By: U-TEL-US Re: "Answer DN"...what am I missing? - 11/23/05 05:42 PM
Options ..change direct dial to go to 224 when they zero out ..deny o out from the v/m use 5 target attendent to its self.. as for the answer key changes that was to take care of secondary ringing which I think zero out is .in my case I made the answer key to appear and ring at the second set and it worked fine .
does 224 have v/m? dial zero could create a problem there.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help