web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
There is a problem with the 7.0 s/w and a lot of issues and bugs. The answer DN is happen to be one of them however it should answer the original DN when its rings but if you press it will also call the extension as well(should not happen) in your case if the answer DN its not answering ,then maybe your s/w is more corrupted. I would suggest if you don't have a lot of programming is to do a startup and start programming from the scratch. We all hope for one time Nortel have it right from the first time but till then we wait for the MR (maintenance release) versions. I hope that helps.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

I had a simmiler problem ,when the main reception phone was cf to eg. 234 and wanted 235 to have a answer dn on it and to get this to work you have to go to system programing ..show . next to featr settings..show next to ansKey and change it from Basic to either enhanced or extended I cant remember which and that solved the problem let me know how you make out

I seen that too, anyone know the difference in those settings that U-Tel-Us describes above? Just started noticing that option on newer software versions.

Quoted from the Norstar manual:
With the default Basic setting, answer keys do not ring for:
• Prime set call capture
• call forwarded calls
• Other answer key calls
• Priority calls
• Voice calls
• ringing service
• Callbacks
The Enhanced setting is the same as the Basic setting except that answer
Keys will ring for overflow call routed calls (special case of Prime set call
Capture). Answer keys will not ring for line transferred calls (although
Basic will ring).
The Extended setting allows ring for all call types except priority calls and
Voice calls.

As you can see it should not ring any extension when you press the answer DN button in any setting, so its just one of the bugs in the s/w.That’s my opinion anyway.

Options ..change direct dial to go to 224 when they zero out ..deny o out from the v/m use 5 target attendent to its self.. as for the answer key changes that was to take care of secondary ringing which I think zero out is .in my case I made the answer key to appear and ring at the second set and it worked fine .
does 224 have v/m? dial zero could create a problem there.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,407 Shoretel
189,166 CTX100 install
187,426 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 154 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024