atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: locg KIM Butons - 07/05/06 10:14 PM
I have a kim assigned to the main ext. The recptionist wants to be able to hit vmt then button on kim to transfer caller to voicemail. I have buttons programmed as autodials. Did I program buttons incorrectly or is this a major oversight by nortel?
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: KIM Butons - 07/05/06 10:34 PM
I haven't tried that on Nortel but in the past on Samsung you could hit the VoicemailTransfer key and HAD to dial digits, not push a dss button.

Pretty stupid, don't know if they changed it or not.
Posted By: telemarv Re: KIM Butons - 07/06/06 05:16 AM
It's the same on a Norstar.
Posted By: rich30529 Re: KIM Butons - 07/06/06 05:32 AM
I have the same complaint all of the time :bang:

Manual dial on VMT only frown
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: KIM Butons - 07/06/06 10:53 AM
To transfer to Voice Mail, You MUST type in the mailbox number on the keypad after hitting the "Transfer to VM" which is F986. You can use the KIM buttons to tranfer to an Extension (F70=Transfer) But you CANNOT use the Internal Autodial buttons to do a transfer to Voice Mail. If you are on a call and hit F986 then one of the buttons (example: for Bob x235) You actually put the call on hold and and now dialing Bob using the intercom path. It will not go to VM.
Posted By: twisted pair Re: KIM Butons - 07/06/06 10:58 AM
Here I thought only Nortel worked that screwy way, good to know other brands do the same!
Posted By: telemarv Re: KIM Butons - 07/06/06 12:14 PM
I think the Paanasonic KXTD's are the same as well.
Posted By: dans Re: KIM Butons - 07/07/06 06:24 AM
NEC
DS1000 & 2000 press dss button and than the MW button the call is now in voice mail

IPK. press dss button, message button the call is now in voice mail.

I am sure Nortel and the others will be following to make this more simple for their end users.
Posted By: telemarv Re: KIM Butons - 07/07/06 09:38 AM
Originally posted by dans:

I am sure Nortel and the others will be following to make this more simple for their end users.
Don't bet on it.
Posted By: twisted pair Re: KIM Butons - 07/07/06 12:52 PM
Yeah, it's been like that since the beginning with the startalk days. They aren't changing anything.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: KIM Butons - 07/07/06 01:01 PM
Wow, that stinks. We only sell Vodavi and Panasonic, both of which allow any user to press their voice mail button, then either dial or press the DSS button for the the extension and the caller is in the mailbox. Seems like something that a lot of people would expect and that all manufacturers would do. But then, I make a lot of assumptions.
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: KIM Butons - 07/09/06 03:26 AM
Well some mmanufacturers who are based overseas don't have an American mindset. They put an overseas national at the head of the American company.

It is all about save money, save money, save money not about compitition for the best product.

If these dingbats would have an email for the engineers, wonderous things could be done. But NO, NO, NO everything must be filtered through levels of management and most ideas are considered on Wednesday afternoon a half hour before tee off time at the golf course.
Posted By: Herk Re: KIM Butons - 07/10/06 04:49 AM
If these dingbats would have an email for the engineers, wonderous things could be done. But NO, NO, NO everything must be filtered through levels of management and most ideas are considered on Wednesday afternoon a half hour before tee off time at the golf course.
Actually sometimes it appears that some of the engineering decisions are made at 3:00pm on Friday after someone has already used half a pack of ez-widers. They can simplify some of the most complicated tasks, yet leave some of the most simplistic tasks quite complicated.
Posted By: brokeda Re: KIM Butons - 07/11/06 11:31 AM
No Panasonic would be so dumb. Had that feature since 1994
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help