atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Tele-Tech48 CP150 Disconnect Supervision Question - 12/15/06 02:25 PM
I recently changed a customer from a Flash 2 to a CallPilot 150. Since the change the users will get reorder tone from the central office when a caller justs hangs up on the voicemail.The user must listen to reorder tone until it expires before they can erase the hang up. Is there something in the CP150 that can be set to disconnect the call on a hang up situation.
The trunks on the MICS are all loop start from the C.O.,but they did not have this problem previous to the CP150.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Posted By: sentrex1 Re: CP150 Disconnect Supervision Question - 12/15/06 03:22 PM
are your lines set to supervised
Yes,

I have tried them unsupervised and supervised.I am beginning to wonder if maybe the MICS need a good swift kick, and a reload.
What software level is the MICS? CallPilot is only compatible on version 4.1 and up.
Are you sure the telco is sending a disconnect signal?
The user must listen to reorder tone until it expires before they can erase the hang up.
Don't have to listen to it, just press "8" to erase it right away (for normal Norstar Mail and "76" for CallPilot interface).
Posted By: telemarv Re: CP150 Disconnect Supervision Question - 12/16/06 07:58 AM
This a MICS issue not CP.

Be sure you are receiving disconnect from the CO. If you listen with a butt set you can actually here the pulse. 10-30sec after the remote hangs up.

You can also play with the disconnect timer in MICS programming.
Thanks to all who replied!

I believe Marv is on to something,The C.O. recently relocated these trunks to a different line group.I think maybe they missed the disconnect supervision on at least one of the trunks or maybe more than one trunk.I'll test it on my next trip to the customer site.

Incidentally the MICS version is 7.0 XC.
Marv you hit it again!!!!I found one of the newly added trunks from Bell did not give me answer supervision. Their C.O. corrected it for me today,and I believe all is well.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help