atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mustang971 Star Talk Flash Directory - 01/18/07 11:16 AM
Had a few people tell me it couldn't be done but I thought I would check here. On the Star Talk Flash, I have a customer who would like the directory to be first name. I was told last name was ONLY option on the star talk flash. I have on other voice mails (not norstar) been able to just put the first name in the last name slot then rerecord the actual prompt to say first name. IS there ANY way to trick the flash into that or not? (My other suggestion to the customer was to just make it a tree option for directory then go to another tree that says their names with 1 digit going to respective users, only 6 people at the company anyhow.) Any ideas?
Posted By: Nickels Re: Star Talk Flash Directory - 01/18/07 11:53 AM
The problem with the flash it is when you hit the pound key for the directory, the voice prompts you for please enter the last name of the person you wish to reach. I am 99% certain this greeting cannot be changed. That is why on the new call pilots you have the option of choosing the first or last name or both. The CCR option is ok, where you would say for jane press 1 joe press 2 larry press 3. You could put the only the first name in the directory, but the voice asks for last name and that may mess with some people.
Posted By: sentrex1 Re: Star Talk Flash Directory - 01/18/07 03:16 PM
with a flash i do it like nickels sais i create a
menu then list the names with their extensions
i find the pound directory useless cause today
alot of names who can figure out how to spell them
Posted By: twisted pair Re: Star Talk Flash Directory - 01/18/07 04:16 PM
If it's a Startalk, you can make it do first names.

If it's a Flashtalk, you have to use last names.

If it's a CallPilot, you can have either or both.
Posted By: Nickels Re: Star Talk Flash Directory - 01/19/07 07:48 AM
Startalk vs flashtalk. You have raised my eyebrow. I am familar with Startalk minis, startalk flash, Flash ACD, Nortel Application module - which I believe you can use first names, and call pilot which uses both. What are you referring to as a flashtalk?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help