web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#131566 01/18/07 07:16 AM
OP Offline
Had a few people tell me it couldn't be done but I thought I would check here. On the Star Talk Flash, I have a customer who would like the directory to be first name. I was told last name was ONLY option on the star talk flash. I have on other voice mails (not norstar) been able to just put the first name in the last name slot then rerecord the actual prompt to say first name. IS there ANY way to trick the flash into that or not? (My other suggestion to the customer was to just make it a tree option for directory then go to another tree that says their names with 1 digit going to respective users, only 6 people at the company anyhow.) Any ideas?

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

The problem with the flash it is when you hit the pound key for the directory, the voice prompts you for please enter the last name of the person you wish to reach. I am 99% certain this greeting cannot be changed. That is why on the new call pilots you have the option of choosing the first or last name or both. The CCR option is ok, where you would say for jane press 1 joe press 2 larry press 3. You could put the only the first name in the directory, but the voice asks for last name and that may mess with some people.

Two girls later and I'm back.....lol...been gone a while but see same faces still here. Lol
with a flash i do it like nickels sais i create a
menu then list the names with their extensions
i find the pound directory useless cause today
alot of names who can figure out how to spell them

If it's a Startalk, you can make it do first names.

If it's a Flashtalk, you have to use last names.

If it's a CallPilot, you can have either or both.

Startalk vs flashtalk. You have raised my eyebrow. I am familar with Startalk minis, startalk flash, Flash ACD, Nortel Application module - which I believe you can use first names, and call pilot which uses both. What are you referring to as a flashtalk?

Two girls later and I'm back.....lol...been gone a while but see same faces still here. Lol

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,873
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,740 Shoretel
189,808 CTX100 install
187,942 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Keyset6), 119 guests, and 314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024