atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: OhioTelecom Flash External transfer - 04/11/07 02:25 PM
Went to setup external call transfer on a startalk today. CCR tree option 4, set it to Transfer, EXT, POOL 1, added the phone number. They have centrex so the numer I tried was 91614XXXXXX. (also tried 991614XXXXXXX) What happens is that you call in press 4, you hear one moment please, MOH, you see line 6 light up, brief moment,line 6 goes out, you hear "The line or line pool configured for this call is not valid". I monitored the line with butt set, I hear it go off hook and it dials the number, then hangs up, then gives you the announcement above. this is on a MICS
What am I missing? besides a few more strands of hair.
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: Flash External transfer - 04/11/07 03:23 PM
Hey OT,

When you select your line pool (you currently have specified "1"), you need to use the access code for the pool ("9" probably, looking at your number).

Good Luck!
Posted By: OhioTelecom Re: Flash External transfer - 04/11/07 03:30 PM
Not sure I follow.
9 is already setup in the system as line pool 1. Not having a problem getting a line, just won't stay connected and conf the two lines together.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Flash External transfer - 04/11/07 03:45 PM
Try putting a pause(F78)or two after the "9" to give it time to get the dial tone.

Dave
Posted By: rich30529 Re: Flash External transfer - 04/11/07 05:47 PM
As Dave says, a 2 second pause should take care of it.
Posted By: OhioTelecom Re: Flash External transfer - 04/12/07 11:31 AM
Kinda figured the pause would not do it, and it didn't. So simply set it up as an info box and told callers to hang up and call the number, but thanks anyways.
Posted By: JimmyT Re: Flash External transfer - 04/12/07 12:12 PM
Maybe try these:
If you have Centrex service then use the LINK Feature for the Transfer. Special character # in the dial string but no 9

If you are going to use another line like you have it set up now then you need to make sure that the line has Supervision on it. Turn it on in programming and also verify that Telco has it turned on for the line. If you do not have Supervision then you will get that recording when the Voice Mail tries to use that line.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help