atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DigitelD DHCP-IP Phones only - 08/24/07 04:01 PM
The problem is with setting DHCP "IP Phones only". I had this set on a BCM400 4.0. The BCM is on the customers network. The problem is that the PC's were being given strange addresses through DHCP instead of the configured addresses from their DHCP server. They disconnected the BCM from the network, restarted the PC's and all was well. My understanding is that the BCM will not hand out IP addresses to any device but IP phones only. Has anyone had any experience with this?
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: DHCP-IP Phones only - 08/24/07 09:06 PM
Were the PCs getting addresses within the range defined by the scope on the BCM?

Yes, I've had problems with the 'IP Phones only' setting, but the problem wasn't with the PC's addresses.

What is the DHCP server that is supposed to be handing addresses to the PCs? If you can configure vendor specific options within the scopes defined on that device, that would be a more appropriate/reliable configuration.
Posted By: DigitelD Re: DHCP-IP Phones only - 08/25/07 06:47 AM
I am out of town and was informed of this issue yesterday. I don't have the details. I did ask what IP address that the PC's were getting and they couldn't tell me. At this time the BCM does not have any IP phones connected to it. I set it up as "IP Phones only" for future use. That may not have been the best idea.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help