atcomsystems.ca/forum
I've done Norstars for a long time but only one BCM50 and I'm supposed to go back up the system programming prior to installing a UPS.

Is there a program to back up programming on the BCM50 itself or a laptop program?

Thanks, Bunnie

If anyone has a BCM50 manual they could email me, I would be very thankful. It is not terribly different from a MICS/CICS but enough so that I would like to have a manual to save my tail if needed.

[email protected] if you have a .pdf to spare, thanks
Posted By: telemarv Re: Backing up programming on BCM 50 - 12/20/07 08:24 PM
Back up is a function in the BCM element manager. No special software required.

All manuals for the BCM are stored on the unit itself. Go to the IP address of the unit using an internet browser.
Posted By: Nickels Re: Backing up programming on BCM 50 - 12/23/07 06:58 PM
Are you worried about loosing programming on the power cycle? BCM 50's are solid in retaining there programming information on power cycles.
I was originally called to this job on an emergency basis because the installers had no one to send and they lost half of their programming on a power failure.

It was very weird, they couldn't make calls out, only one phone rang, extensions were changed and all the individual DIDs rang at one phone but the fax DIDs were unaffected and the button programming stayed.

I am hesitant to power down without a backup per the system saving it, I was there three hours trying to get everything working again.
Posted By: tjk78 Re: Backing up programming on BCM 50 - 12/27/07 12:16 PM
I have to disagree with Nickels. There was a batch of BCM50 R2's that have major issues with programming loss after power cycles. There's even a patch for it. NNU patch if I recall correctly.
Posted By: Nickels Re: Backing up programming on BCM 50 - 12/28/07 02:37 PM
TJK- I was pretty sure these patches Nov 28th 35-OAM, 38-CORE, and 88-NNU were intended for pre 2.0 BCM50's. These were the patches Nortel came out with after some interconnect companies logged identical tickets of techs programming the BCM at there office and then taking it to site and missing different telephony programming. But from what Bunnie is saying, must be the 2.0's also.
Posted By: tjk78 Re: Backing up programming on BCM 50 - 12/31/07 08:57 AM
The NNU patch was indeed for the R2's. It is now incorporated into the BCM50R2 System.006 patch that is GA on the Nortel site. Hope it doesn't carry over into the R3's.
Thank you so much for the info. I did obtain a set of complete documentation for the BCM 50 R2 off eBay for $9.99. The guy was selling Nortel test exams.

If anyone wants it for free, just PM me and it is yours.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help