atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: statestar BCM 50 access - 08/14/08 03:45 AM
Hi All

BCM 50 will receive calls but you get dead air trying to dial out, no noise after the 9.
I can't acces the BCM from IE as it says the password is wrong. As far as we know no one has changed it and am using 10.10.11.1/nnadmin,(password).
Power may have been disrupted to the system, not sure.
Is there a backdoor password without calling Nortel ?
How bad of an idea is hitting the "reset" pin ?

Not sure if telset was ever set up.
Thanks for any help.
Posted By: vad60 Re: BCM 50 access - 08/14/08 03:54 AM
Is this COs or T1? You can try to log in from the telephone if you know how. If PRI and original Install didn't activate a 2nd Dial tone then you supposed to have a silence after 9. Try dial out or hit 9 > Hold > Icm and 9 again. Maybe you have a bad line.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: BCM 50 access - 08/14/08 10:36 AM
As Vad60 says: it is helpful info if you tell us more. What kind of trunks.

Do you have any lights on the front of the BCM-50?
What color? Flashing or solid.
Do you have an expansion? What is in it?
Any lights on expansion module??
Posted By: CTCINY Re: BCM 50 access - 08/14/08 05:02 PM
Telset is automatically setup by default. Also, you dont access BCM50 through IE you access it through Element Manager. Sounds like your probably using analog trunks and the first one in the pool went dead. Try pressing 9 and putting it on hold and then picking up the second intercom key and pressing 9 again and see if you get a DT.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: BCM 50 access - 08/14/08 06:22 PM
Originally posted by CTCINY:
........ Also, you dont access BCM50 through IE you access it through Element Manager..........
And how do you download the Element Manager???
You use IE.
Posted By: CTCINY Re: BCM 50 access - 08/15/08 03:52 PM
This is true. I have been downloading mine off the Nortel website since the release of BCM 400 R4.0 and forgot you can get it from the built in web browser
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help