atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: KenW Strange BCM 50 Problem - 11/04/08 02:05 PM
BCM 50 2.0 all patches.Installed with pri in second expansion module and keycode.Changed to 8 co port card in mod 2 no keycode change. The first 3 co lines go to voice mail 100%, The last 5 fail. Today, worked till 2pm and tried at 2:30 and failed. Went through all programming at least three times and everything is fine. Went through programming with second tech. Everything is programmed ok, hell it's just a Norstar !!! Leaning towards replacing main mod. My thought is that if the lines rings on the set it will go to vm. The weird part is that this extension worked with the pri. I replaced the mod and the card.
Any ideas ? This has been one heck of a trip, but fun.
Posted By: sentrex1 Re: Strange BCM 50 Problem - 11/04/08 02:28 PM
just a thought here but are lines 4 to 8 on the right co pairs and have you double check that those lines are in your table as well
Posted By: sentrex1 Re: Strange BCM 50 Problem - 11/04/08 02:29 PM
also what happens if you switch lines 1 and 4
then does it go to aa
Posted By: Yanick Re: Strange BCM 50 Problem - 11/04/08 04:10 PM
If you have access to Nortel KRS I'd go and write them down, I'd take a backup of what you have done; reset the bcm to factory default and then restore. After that, reload your keycodes and activate your expansion modules.
Posted By: telemarv Re: Strange BCM 50 Problem - 11/05/08 04:54 AM
You have residual programming from the PRI setup. Default and reprogram.
Posted By: KenW Re: Strange BCM 50 Problem - 11/05/08 02:14 PM
All lines are connected correctly. No AA involved with the two lines. Took all the pri programming out. Swapping lines did work, but did not test long enough. Just for the hell of it, I replaced the T7316E today, but user was out of the office and did not know I killed the CF to vm. So will have to be there when she is to continue test. Of course we do not know how the set "talks" to the ksu so maybe be the new set will work.
I like the factory reset idea. Before we replace or reset the bcm, my boss wants one of our other techs and me to go over everything to verify what was done.
Another view sometimes works.
Posted By: KenW Re: Strange BCM 50 Problem - 11/07/08 04:49 PM
As of today ITAS has a log file and are looking at it.Using BCM monitor, It shows going to VM, but then losing the connection.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help