atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Sqrat PolyCom - 01/26/11 10:21 AM
Has anyone had this issue. Trying to make a PolyCom 2W work an an ATA 2 on a MICS. Dial tone is very low then drops off and can't break dial toneWorks fine with any other analog line or analog port off BCM.

Have tried 2 different ATA's
Posted By: Toner Re: PolyCom - 01/28/11 07:52 AM
The only thing I can think of is playing around with the setting in Terminals & Sets>Capabilities>ATA Settings

Is it set for modem of voice? (Not that I've ever seen much difference after changing the setting...)
Posted By: Sqrat Re: PolyCom - 01/31/11 08:40 AM
Done all that, no change. Never had an issue like this B4
Posted By: MooreTel Re: PolyCom - 01/31/11 09:03 AM
Have you tried a different port?
Posted By: Sqrat Re: PolyCom - 02/01/11 06:35 AM
Oh Ya
Posted By: MooreTel Re: PolyCom - 02/01/11 06:40 AM
If, as you say, the Polycom works OK off an analogue port, I'd think it doesn't play well with an ATA. I'd try contacting Polycom tech support.
Posted By: Sqrat Re: PolyCom - 02/01/11 07:02 AM
Polycom Tech support says Nortel/Avaya issue. Man I can't get used to that!
Plus it's 1 week past warranty and it belongs to a church. I'm hooped!
Posted By: MooreTel Re: PolyCom - 02/01/11 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Sqrat:
...it's 1 week past warranty...
Why is it a week past warranty? Was this working before on this system and suddenly stopped?
Posted By: Sqrat Re: PolyCom - 02/02/11 06:59 AM
Customer bought it from our company, put it in the closet for almost a year, brought it out and tried it in a digital port. Didn't work now the panic is on.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: PolyCom - 02/02/11 07:06 AM
Unit could still be defective and IMHO it's the client's fault for not testing it before the warranty ended. At least then you would know if it was defective on receipt or not.

Whenever possible I always test my items before I take them to the client, especially specialty items.

In fact I have a Polycom tom install in Montreal later this week or beginning of next. You bet it was tested before I drive 130 miles for nothing.
Posted By: dans Re: PolyCom - 02/02/11 09:38 AM
Did you explain to PolyCom tech support the unit had been by mistake connected to a digital port, I heard this can mess them up.
Posted By: skip555 Re: PolyCom - 02/02/11 09:43 AM
have you talked to polycom about the warranty ?

I've found many manufacturers to be a bit flexible in cases like this
Posted By: John807 Re: PolyCom - 02/02/11 02:36 PM
In your original post, did you say it worked on an analogue trunk and analogue port on the BCM? What is on the analogue ports of the BCM? Will that device work off of the ATA?
Posted By: John807 Re: PolyCom - 02/02/11 02:42 PM
Never mind it looks like you tried it on a BCM and an analogue trunk but it is really on an MICS. What release is the MICS? And they are ATA 2's and not just enhanced ATA's? The Polycom does work o.k. on an analogue C.O. line?
Posted By: Sqrat Re: PolyCom - 02/02/11 03:26 PM
This unit has been tested many times. The polycomn works on any analogue line or analog port of a BCM and mitel.
We are using ATA 2's and have used different ports
Posted By: MooreTel Re: PolyCom - 02/02/11 03:59 PM
What s/w version of the MICS? If it's very old, then try an older ATA (NT8B90AA)

Have you tried using a regular SLT off the ATA? If so, what are the results?
Posted By: Sqrat Re: PolyCom - 02/03/11 06:48 AM
Used aan slt, cordless, modem you name it, they all work fine.
Any analog device works except this polycom.Another one works fine.
Only difference is the polycom in question is wireless to the base and the other one is wired
Posted By: MooreTel Re: PolyCom - 02/03/11 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Sqrat:
...Only difference is the polycom in question is wireless to the base and the other one is wired
I still say it's the Polycom....especially now. Contact Polycom tech support...it's their problem.
Posted By: John807 Re: PolyCom - 02/03/11 07:33 AM
Unless there is something interferring with it like a wireless network. I once had a 2 gig cordless and Mac airport driving each other nuts. Maybe same sort of thing?
Posted By: Sqrat Re: PolyCom - 02/03/11 07:46 AM
No wireless at the church.
Posted By: Sqrat Re: PolyCom - 02/04/11 07:25 AM
Called Polycom and they won't help, they say it is the ATA but we have proved it's not.
For what it's worth will take it back and get another one in, go with the wired one. I'm getting to old to play the finger ponting game Might look good in my office
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help