atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rwindom CICS CID problem - 04/07/11 10:01 AM
Hey everyone. Has anyone else been having trouble with Caller ID and new 7.1 CICS. We have a couple of customers that CID is not working on a particular line of their CICS. We do get CID on the RJ and when we frog the lines it works on the new line port. Replacing the CID card does not fix the problem but swapping out the KSU has worked a couple of times although at one site they are still having the same problem with the new KSU. All problem systems have the same carrier but as I said, we do get the CID signal with our butt sets at the RJ. Any ideas or similar issues?
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: CICS CID problem - 04/07/11 11:45 AM
I have had many 7.1 systems. But I have not had any problems with CLID on them. Does not mean you don't have a problem.

But also, the systems that have had a problem it was just programming oversight. Just missed one prompt somewhere.
That may or may not be your problem. Can I assume you have double checked all your programming?
Other than that, I have no other ideas.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: CICS CID problem - 04/07/11 05:41 PM
FWIW: I've had CID blocked by lightning protectors. Removed/replaced with bridge clips, CID starts working.
Posted By: rwindom Re: CICS CID problem - 04/11/11 10:36 AM
The programming is correct. The problem moves with the line when i move it to another CO port. I'll look at the lightning protection, that is good to know.
Posted By: Ron L Re: CICS CID problem - 05/09/11 02:07 PM
Try hooking up a single line analog phone directly to the phone line (make sure it has CID capability)and see if CID information is passed on to it.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: CICS CID problem - 05/09/11 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Ron L:
Try hooking up a single line analog phone directly to the phone line (make sure it has CID capability)and see if CID information is passed on to it.
Originally posted by rwindom: All problem systems have the same carrier but as I said, we do get the CID signal with our butt sets at the RJ.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: CICS CID problem - 05/09/11 02:32 PM
Originally posted by rwindom:
The programming is correct. The problem moves with the line when i move it to another CO port. I'll look at the lightning protection, that is good to know.
That proves that it's a line problem.

I've personally had the same situation on my main business line. Had to prove it to Bell and when they tested further, they found that I was getting the signal, but it was so weak, that it wouldn't give me the data.
Posted By: rwindom Re: CICS CID problem - 05/10/11 11:03 AM
Dave,

How did you prove to the carrier that it was their problem? They test it and say that it is OK on their end. Is there a certain voltage to look for when the CID info is sent?
Thanks for the help!
Posted By: MooreTel Re: CICS CID problem - 07/22/11 09:13 AM
Sorry for forgetting to reply to this before....

Hooked up a CLID box at the DMark to prove it to him. He had checked at the terminal down the road. After showing him, he went back and tested again for the signal strength. How, I don't know, but would love to...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help