atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Tuned Assistance Configuring MICS and CP 150 - 05/18/11 07:20 AM
We currently have a MICS w/ a CP 150 hanging off of it that has a call flow of PSTN --> MICS --> AA --> receptionist (0). The director requested a change where all calls go directly to receptionist and if she doesn't answer the calls go to a day greeting. At night another greeting is to play. No intervention is wanted from the caller before the call gets to the receptionist. I had originally thought about using a CCR for the redirect but then realized it would still require a key to be pressed.

The solution that I came up w/ was to have all the lines A+R on the receptionist phone and set the day greeting to be the greeting for that extensions VM. At night have the receptionist do a CFA to another extension, which would CFA to VM, whose greeting is the night extension. Just wondering if there is a better way to do this that will not require the end users to turn CFA on/off every night?

I haven't done the Nortel stuff for us in years since we made the jump to Cisco VOIP so trying to remember what I can and get a solution going.
Posted By: Tuned Re: Assistance Configuring MICS and CP 150 - 05/18/11 08:46 AM
I'm going to try making 2 CCR trees that are Home transfer trees and have them redirect to the appropriate extension based on the time of day. I'll have to run it by the director to see if the "One moment please" message is something they can live with.
Posted By: Toner Re: Assistance Configuring MICS and CP 150 - 05/18/11 10:02 AM
That should work smile
Posted By: cybershoe Re: Assistance Configuring MICS and CP 150 - 05/18/11 01:52 PM
Generally I've seen this done by having the lines appear at the attendant console, and just have CP not pick up until 4 rings or so. Then, set up night service to transfer directly to CP after hours.
Posted By: rich30529 Re: Assistance Configuring MICS and CP 150 - 05/18/11 03:51 PM
Adam has it.
Posted By: Toner Re: Assistance Configuring MICS and CP 150 - 05/19/11 07:38 AM
Sorry, I misread the post - I thought you wanted a message to play BEFORE the receptionist answered. The other guys are exactly right.
Posted By: Tuned Re: Assistance Configuring MICS and CP 150 - 05/23/11 12:38 PM
Thanks for the replies. Maybe I'm doing this wrong or not selecting the right options. This is what I'm doing(we'll use 2 extensions, 1 line and an evening time of 5 pm):

Setting ring group 1 to have operator ext, ring group 2 to have night extension. Set evening schedule for line 1 to use ring group 2 and set it to automatic (trunk answer was on yes). Set a daytime schedule for 9 am - 5 pm using ring group 1. If I remove the line appearance for the operator extension and call the line it just keeps ringing and never appears at operator. If I have the lines appear and ring on the operator extension and set the system time to 540 to test it still rings at the operator.

Am I missing something obvious?
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Assistance Configuring MICS and CP 150 - 05/23/11 07:28 PM
In general, Adam has the answer.

I will just address your last question.

You set the time for 5:40 and it did not work.
Assuming you had everything correct, just remember that if you set the system time, it can take up to 15 min for the Call Pilot to update its clock from the system time change. It can change sooner but I have seen it take a long time.
So it you changed the time and then tested right away, most likely the call pilot still had the old time in it.

I normally leave a message in a mail box, then find out what time it was left to see if the clock has updated.
Posted By: Tuned Re: Assistance Configuring MICS and CP 150 - 05/24/11 06:50 AM
Thanks NTlayoff. I was trying this same setup on both a BCM and MICS. From what the users report it may have worked successfully on the BCM for last night but the MICS is still not working. Should the lines be set to appear and ring on the phones in question or should them being part of the ringing group be enough for the phones to ring during the scheduled times?
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Assistance Configuring MICS and CP 150 - 05/24/11 07:39 AM
That would be your choice.

If you have Appear & Ring - then you have no need for Ringing services.

If you have Appear Only - Then that line button will Flash, but then if the ringing services is active for that phone, it will also ring.

If you have Unassigned - then the phones intercom will ring and flash ONLY when ringing services is active.
Posted By: Tuned Re: Assistance Configuring MICS and CP 150 - 05/24/11 09:46 AM
Ok thanks. I'm trying to figure out why the phone didn't ring at the receptionist desk when I just used ringing services and made the lines unassigned.
Posted By: Tuned Re: Assistance Configuring MICS and CP 150 - 05/26/11 02:25 PM
Well I was able to convince my boss to let me take a trip on site today and I was able to get this sorted out. After sitting in programming for a few minutes and not making any headway I decided to start from scratch as if I was the one who originally went to program.

After going through all the settings I realized that the issue was CFNA. The night extension had it set to 6 rings while the receptionist had it set to 4 rings. Since the lines were A+R on the receptionist phone it would ring and go to that VM. Changed the night extension to 2 rings and set it to night mode and like magic I got the right VM box. Tested it a few times and got the director to sign off so I'm happy to say this one is resolved. Thanks for all the help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help