web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tuned Offline OP
OP Offline
We currently have a MICS w/ a CP 150 hanging off of it that has a call flow of PSTN --> MICS --> AA --> receptionist (0). The director requested a change where all calls go directly to receptionist and if she doesn't answer the calls go to a day greeting. At night another greeting is to play. No intervention is wanted from the caller before the call gets to the receptionist. I had originally thought about using a CCR for the redirect but then realized it would still require a key to be pressed.

The solution that I came up w/ was to have all the lines A+R on the receptionist phone and set the day greeting to be the greeting for that extensions VM. At night have the receptionist do a CFA to another extension, which would CFA to VM, whose greeting is the night extension. Just wondering if there is a better way to do this that will not require the end users to turn CFA on/off every night?

I haven't done the Nortel stuff for us in years since we made the jump to Cisco VOIP so trying to remember what I can and get a solution going.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Tuned Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm going to try making 2 CCR trees that are Home transfer trees and have them redirect to the appropriate extension based on the time of day. I'll have to run it by the director to see if the "One moment please" message is something they can live with.

Admin
Online Happy
Admin
That should work smile

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Generally I've seen this done by having the lines appear at the attendant console, and just have CP not pick up until 4 rings or so. Then, set up night service to transfer directly to CP after hours.

--
- Adam
Adam has it.

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
Admin
Online Happy
Admin
Sorry, I misread the post - I thought you wanted a message to play BEFORE the receptionist answered. The other guys are exactly right.

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Tuned Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies. Maybe I'm doing this wrong or not selecting the right options. This is what I'm doing(we'll use 2 extensions, 1 line and an evening time of 5 pm):

Setting ring group 1 to have operator ext, ring group 2 to have night extension. Set evening schedule for line 1 to use ring group 2 and set it to automatic (trunk answer was on yes). Set a daytime schedule for 9 am - 5 pm using ring group 1. If I remove the line appearance for the operator extension and call the line it just keeps ringing and never appears at operator. If I have the lines appear and ring on the operator extension and set the system time to 540 to test it still rings at the operator.

Am I missing something obvious?

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
In general, Adam has the answer.

I will just address your last question.

You set the time for 5:40 and it did not work.
Assuming you had everything correct, just remember that if you set the system time, it can take up to 15 min for the Call Pilot to update its clock from the system time change. It can change sooner but I have seen it take a long time.
So it you changed the time and then tested right away, most likely the call pilot still had the old time in it.

I normally leave a message in a mail box, then find out what time it was left to see if the clock has updated.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
Tuned Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks NTlayoff. I was trying this same setup on both a BCM and MICS. From what the users report it may have worked successfully on the BCM for last night but the MICS is still not working. Should the lines be set to appear and ring on the phones in question or should them being part of the ringing group be enough for the phones to ring during the scheduled times?

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
That would be your choice.

If you have Appear & Ring - then you have no need for Ringing services.

If you have Appear Only - Then that line button will Flash, but then if the ringing services is active for that phone, it will also ring.

If you have Unassigned - then the phones intercom will ring and flash ONLY when ringing services is active.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024