atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nfcphoneman BCM-50 Element Manager and Windows 7 - 11/09/11 05:26 AM
I haven't worked on a BCM since I switched to a new laptop with Windows 7, until yesterday. Tried to install Element Manager from the BCM (I think it is a v.3) but it would not install.

If I can get the latest Element Manager download from Avaya, will it work with the older units? I seem to recall that they are backward compatible but want to make sure.

Thanks!
Posted By: Yoda Re: BCM-50 Element Manager and Windows 7 - 11/09/11 11:23 AM
I've been using Windows 7 64 bit since early this year with no problems. There was one web based program that didn't work correctly (don't remember if it was Element Manager or something else). And the problem was most likely not Win 7 but IE9. Once I put IE 9 in "compatability mode" it worked fine.
https://windows.microsoft.com/en-US...es-look-incorrect-in-internet-explorer-9

I've since gone from BCM 400 to 450 with the EM updated as well. Avaya ver 62.0.3. No problems.

Jim
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: BCM-50 Element Manager and Windows 7 - 11/09/11 12:10 PM
I was able to download EM from the web interface and save it to the desktop, it just won't get through the install process. I now have the latest EM installed, but would still like confirmation that it is backwards compatible.

Thanks!
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: BCM-50 Element Manager and Windows 7 - 11/09/11 02:10 PM
Unfortunately, I cannot remember each version (BCM) I ran into that had a problem.

I have been using the AVAYA version mostly without a problem.
But I had two that I did have a problem with.
One of those I brought up a Nortel version of EM.
The other one I had to go way back to my OLD laptop (keep around for backup and benchtesting) that had some old EM software. Then it ran ok.

Not 100% sure but I think it was a JAVA problem. Some of the older machines need the Older Java.
Posted By: madwok Re: BCM-50 Element Manager and Windows 7 - 11/10/11 04:44 PM
https://bcm.sipsw.com/ApplicationLauncher/ would check & updade your EM at the same time .

Hope this helps.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help