atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Danny_Ocean M7324 + headset = no go... - 02/23/12 05:54 PM
It's been awhile since I've played with M-Series phones, but client asked for a headset, so I ordered one (Plantronics H-Series with A10 "Polaris" adapter cable).

If I plug the headset in to the headset port, it works brilliantly. However, the handset no longer works. :confused:

Client needs both to work, as the back-up receptionist doesn't want to use the headset.

I tried the headset on a T7316E (with headset button), and it works as it should (headset and/or handset).

Couldn't find anything in the documentation about this situation (no mention of headsets at all).

:shrug:
I think you have to unplug the headset from the adapter for the handset to work or maybe for the speaker to work, getting too old for this memory stuff.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: M7324 + headset = no go... - 02/24/12 10:04 AM
Only workaround is to use an amplifier I believe.
Handset to Amp, Amp to headset jack.
Posted By: telemarv Re: M7324 + headset = no go... - 02/24/12 12:30 PM
I don't recall the headset jack disabling the handset just the speakerphone. Might be an early release issue.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: M7324 + headset = no go... - 02/24/12 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie:
I think you have to unplug the headset from the adapter for the handset to work or maybe for the speaker to work, getting too old for this memory stuff.
Yep, I tried that. Even with the headset un-plugged from the adapter cord, it still kills the handset.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: M7324 + headset = no go... - 02/24/12 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Curlycord:
Only workaround is to use an amplifier I believe.
Handset to Amp, Amp to headset jack.
Yeah, I guess that would work as a last resort. I found an inexpensive T7316 w/KIM module on E-Bay ($50). That should solve the problem.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: M7324 + headset = no go... - 02/24/12 02:42 PM
Originally posted by telemarv:
I don't recall the headset jack disabling the handset just the speakerphone. Might be an early release issue.
Speakerphone works fine! Go figure... :shrug:
Posted By: telemarv Re: M7324 + headset = no go... - 02/24/12 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Danny_Ocean:
[b] I don't recall the headset jack disabling the handset just the speakerphone. Might be an early release issue.
Speakerphone works fine! Go figure... :shrug: [/b]
Are you sure you don't have them reversed; headset in handset jack and vice versa? Because pulling the headset apart at the quick connect should restore to "no headset condition".
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: M7324 + headset = no go... - 02/24/12 03:23 PM
Are you sure you don't have them reversed; headset in handset jack and vice versa? Because pulling the headset apart at the quick connect should restore to "no headset condition".
I'm positive. (I even tried swapping them just to see what would happen). The headset cord I'm using is the A10 Polaris adapter, which allows you to use non-Polaris headsets on Polaris devices. So, pulling the headset from the quick-release doesn't change anything.

https://www.provantage.com/plantronics-66268-02~7PLAA01E.htm
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: M7324 + headset = no go... - 02/25/12 07:09 AM
I have hated selling headsets for over twenty years. I don't hate headsets---I hate selling, installing and talking to customers about them. It never ceases to be a frustrating experience for me.

I tell most of my customers to go to www.headsets.com and look around---then call them. I know that I lose a sale, but I also keep my blood pressure down and I stay focused on more pleasant things.

I do sell headsets, but only specific models and only on a certain phone system. I feel your pain.....
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: M7324 + headset = no go... - 02/25/12 07:40 AM
Oh, it gets better. I had a long discussion with the receptionist about the type of headset she preferred, showing her several examples (over-the-ear, behind the neck, over the head). She chose over-the-head.

NOW she doesn't want it and says "it makes me look dorky".

Sigh...
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: M7324 + headset = no go... - 02/25/12 08:13 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JWRacedog:
[QB] I have hated selling headsets for over twenty years. I don't hate headsets---I hate selling, installing and talking to customers about them. It never ceases to be a frustrating experience for me.

Me, too. I finally came up with a seperate sales contract for headsets. It says that the headset will work for 1 year, barring obvious abuse. Whether it works for you, the customer, is not guaranteed. However, under no circumstances will the customer's money be refunded.

They have to fish the contract out of various headset vendor catalogs, all of whom offer "money back if not satisfied"

I figured out how they can make that guarantee. You have to call for an RMA and/or shipping box, wait for it to arrive, pack it up, ship it via Fedex/UPS/USPS {only one of the above}, and pay the bill for shipping! How many folks just don't want to bother, because it's not worth the time. Whereas, they just call me and I come dancing right to the door because I don't want to loose them as a customer for phone systems!
Posted By: MooreTel Re: M7324 + headset = no go... - 02/25/12 08:58 AM
Danny, whenever a client buys something that I don't stock, they bought it PERIOD.

I carry two models: wired with quick disconnect and Plantronics CS55 for those that want and can afford wireless. The CS55 offers either over the head with a headband or over the ear.

Anything else they can go elsewhere, buy it, install it and swear at it. Their choice.

In your case, you can refuse to take it back for sanitary reasons. She won't like it but it's a good excuse.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: M7324 + headset = no go... - 02/25/12 09:04 AM
Fortunately, she's not the decision maker. I told her it was already bought/paid for by corporate. I opened her desk drawer and put in in there. Problem solved!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help