atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MooreTel Xfer to Ext Cell with a CICS - 12/02/19 05:52 PM
Client presently has a 3x8 DR1 believe it or not. He called today and wants to have the ability for calls to be answered by the system & to transfer calls to 7 cell phones. I know this can be done with a CICS using the built-in CCR with active extensions using routes and destination codes as I've done it before. However I don't know if it can be done with non-active ones. If not, then I'll be forced to install 7 M7100's in the equipment cabinet.

Would it be better setting this up on a CP100?

He had asked Bell 3-1/2 months ago for a quote and never heard back... LOL
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Xfer to Ext Cell with a CICS - 12/02/19 08:35 PM
I do not think DR1 can even do an internal Call Forward let alone External....or was that FNA/Cap
Even so, External Transfer is not support on anything under 4.1 CICS/MICS.

I would talk them into a refurbished BCM50 or a new type of system since they really could use either or.

Callpilot would be half the cost but it would have to press 7 to be transferred off site unless you list peoples names and use path's in CCR to transfer external.

Posted By: MooreTel Re: Xfer to Ext Cell with a CICS - 12/02/19 09:07 PM
There is no question on changing their system to a CICS or BCM50 and I told him so from the onset. The main question is do I need to have sets actually in service to Call Forward External?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Xfer to Ext Cell with a CICS - 12/02/19 11:43 PM
I can attest to the DR1 not being able to transfer or call foward internally at all. I am pretty sure that it is not going to do it externally either.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Xfer to Ext Cell with a CICS - 12/03/19 03:26 AM
Yes sets need to be plugged in for Call Forward to work.
I think the CP/CCR/Paths/Trsfer/Ext would be the best way to do it....means going full AA though.

I do wonder if BCM's MeetMe FollowMe would work in this scenario, will test if I have time.

As for "Transfer" on the older beasts you might notice the Conf/Trans key lables.....that is because on DR1 you must do a conference to do the transfer.
Receive call, Feature 3 (or press Conf/Trans), call 2nd person, drop out when connected.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Xfer to Ext Cell with a CICS - 12/03/19 08:54 PM
Dave:

How are they trying to do this?

Does the call have to ring on the ext and if no answer external call forward?

OR is this a permanent call forward from the AA?

In other words - if the AA would say:
For Joe press 1 - and it goes to his cell. That is all done from the Call Pilot.- don't need a phone extension.
BUT
for Joe press 1 - rings at his desk and when in office he answers and if not then call forward - Need the phone.
CICS will do this either way using Call Pilot and latest software.

Posted By: MooreTel Re: Xfer to Ext Cell with a CICS - 12/03/19 10:07 PM
Jim, the scenario is : Call comes in and to be answered by AA main greeting/CCR main menu with options for each cell #. They don't need physical extensions. Can I do this with a Flash as I have 3 or so here? Thanks.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Xfer to Ext Cell with a CICS - 12/03/19 11:47 PM
Dave:
The flash will do that.
Path 1 (or whatever you want to use) - Transfer / External

You do need to wipe out all LINE POOL CODES and use Routing.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Xfer to Ext Cell with a CICS - 12/04/19 01:30 AM
Thanks, I wasn't sure...
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Xfer to Ext Cell with a CICS - 12/04/19 02:09 AM
Keep in mind before going with flash:

-Amount of lines on the KSU
-If the carrier is supplying "Call Transfer" so that the call is transferred off of the KSU.
-Channels , 1 ch per user
-Expected call volume

Flash 2 or 4 ch (1 or 2 ports)
CP 100 4 Ch (2 ports)
CP150 8 Ch (4 ports)
BCM50 16 built in channels

Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Xfer to Ext Cell with a CICS - 12/04/19 01:21 PM
I did not pay attention to what you have now - 3x8 - That means only 3 lines.
Good catch Curlycord.

You get one caller in and transfers out - you have 2 lines in use.
The next caller cannot get a transfer out.

It may be worth it to pay Telco for Call Transfer with Disconnect - OR Whatever your Telco calls it.

You can test it.

Call the site - they do a Flash hook - call a number - then another flash hook..
If the two people are still talking and the site has no lines in use - then it worked.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Xfer to Ext Cell with a CICS - 12/04/19 01:53 PM
I already quoted for a CICS and CP100. In the quote I explained that it would take a 2nd line for each Xfer and recommended they add lines. I haven't heard back yet.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help