atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BillFlippen MW lamp and other stuff - 08/26/04 08:18 AM
Encountered a small DBS System. One extension was a slow flashing MW light. Steps to clear the MW light would not clear it. Possibly something else going on?

Also Can names be entered through Telco PRogramming? Could not get any Alpha to display only Numbers.

When Programming the Vmail Xfer button I needed V60# could only enter V60# (probally relates to text entering)

Finally, I figured this ouut but should it be this way. CO comes in. There is an Extension list that is supposed to ring. After 2 rings call goes to main greeting of VM. When I bumped it up to 4 rings (24 sec)calls went after 3 rings (20 sec) to individual mailboxes. Changed the extension call forward timer higher than the CO then things work fine. Is it true that the Extension CFWD overrides the CO call forward?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MW lamp and other stuff - 08/26/04 11:36 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BillFlippen:
Encountered a small DBS System. One extension was a slow flashing MW light. Steps to clear the MW light would not clear it. Possibly something else going on?

Also Can names be entered through Telco PRogramming? Could not get any Alpha to display only Numbers.

When Programming the Vmail Xfer button I needed V60# could only enter V60# (probally relates to text entering)

Finally, I figured this ouut but should it be this way. CO comes in. There is an Extension list that is supposed to ring. After 2 rings call goes to main greeting of VM. When I bumped it up to 4 rings (24 sec)calls went after 3 rings (20 sec) to individual mailboxes. Changed the extension call forward timer higher than the CO then things work fine. Is it true that the Extension CFWD overrides the CO call forward?
</font>

MSG light: Dial off code "auto flash" UP TO 4 TIMES to clear light

Names:From port 1 dial Prog#2. enter port number(2 or 3 digits depending on system)

VM Trans: PROG,(touch button)CONF,AUTO,AUTO,Pilot number, additional digits,HOLD. If you get error tone, you need upgraded CPC card or firmware
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: MW lamp and other stuff - 08/27/04 08:05 AM
OK Thanks But I have tried all that.

For the MWI they have been trying to clear the light for months using the scenerio you gave.

Names: I can't get Alpha to display; only numbers.

VM. I get the V60 part but when I enetyer "#" it enters the V60 and moves on.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: MW lamp and other stuff - 08/27/04 08:09 AM
Sorry I guess I should proofread my post [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
I originally said I was to enter V60# but could only enter V60#. that makes sense!
Posted By: phonemeister Re: MW lamp and other stuff - 08/27/04 10:20 PM
Press CONF to switch between letters and numbers when entering text. To cancel MW light: ON/OFF, AUTO, Flash. Or try ON/OFF, AUTO, REDIAL which will call back the extension that turned on the MW light. When the call back is answered the MW light should extinguish. Up to 4 MW requests can be left at your station so you may have to do this up to 4 times like austin says.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MW lamp and other stuff - 08/29/04 07:51 PM
Sorry I guess I should proofread my post [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
I originally said I was to enter V60# but could only enter V60#. that makes sense!
</font>
What is "V"?.
MSG light, name and VM trans instructions above I posted previously will work. I've done 'em hundreds of times. (hint- I never say "enter system programming")
If we're talking about a DBS308/616, all bets are off- they won't integrate with voicemail.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: MW lamp and other stuff - 09/07/04 11:21 AM
COnf Auto Auto is what creates the "V" character in the display
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: MW lamp and other stuff - 09/07/04 11:24 AM
Still haven't got ans answer on entering "#" in the additional digit string for VM Button.
Also, did about 10 message clears and light still blinks.
Could some one confirm or Deny my CO ring issue. Does extension CFWD timer precide over the CO CFWD timer?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MW lamp and other stuff - 09/07/04 02:49 PM
Still haven't got ans answer on entering "#" in the additional digit string for VM Button.
Also, did about 10 message clears and light still blinks.
Could some one confirm or Deny my CO ring issue. Does extension CFWD timer precide over the CO CFWD timer?
</font>
1. I just used my above instructions and programmed my phone with a voicemail transfer button that dials my 60 (I assume that's your pilot number)followed by a pound sign.
2. If you connect a diplay set to this port, does the LCD indicate a message?
3. Confirm.

What CPC card/ Version is installed in this system?

-joe
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help