atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cctech dbs 96 (43060) voicemail problem - 05/01/07 09:10 PM
i added a new ext to a dbs 96 w/a panavoice vm and for some reason when a call is transferred to that ext it rings but the voicemail will not pickup unanswered calls. i tried forwarding the ext to vm and still it will not pickup. when a call is transferred to that ext it will ring the ext 4 times and then the system will say " let me try that ext" and then it will ring 4 more times and the system will say " let me try that ext" and it will ring the ext again, but the ext vm will not answer. if i go to the ext and press the vm button i get the mailbox. any ideas why it will not answer even when all busy/no answer calls are forwarded to vm.. thanks
Posted By: EV607797 Re: dbs 96 (43060) voicemail problem - 05/01/07 09:21 PM
The call forwarding to voice mail is not set correctly. Your forwarding string of digits does not include whatever prefix digit is required to leave a message. Remember that all digits and even the pause times must be accurately set from each phone on this system for calls forwarding to voice mail when not answered.

I am not a pro on Panavoice by any stretch of the imagination, but I have heard of this situation before. You will need to figure out what digits are required to place a caller into the mailbox. You can do this by manually dialing into the VM and trying various digit combinations until you figure it out. It's usually * or # plus the extension number that's needed.

Hopefully, this will get you started before someone who has a real answer chimes in.
Posted By: cctech Re: dbs 96 (43060) voicemail problem - 05/01/07 10:59 PM
yes i think that is the way that i need to go because at one point i was trying to get into it by pressing *7 and #6 and once i was able to leave a message so i think that * or # plays a part in it. i will keep trying. thanks
Posted By: phonemeister Re: dbs 96 (43060) voicemail problem - 05/02/07 12:40 AM
I think this will help you.

https://www.sundance-communications...?/ubb/get_topic/f/9/t/001257.html#000000
Posted By: cctech Re: dbs 96 (43060) voicemail problem - 05/02/07 08:50 AM
thanks phonemeister. i think the link answered my question. i will try that on site and let you know
Posted By: cctech Re: dbs 96 (43060) voicemail problem - 05/02/07 05:38 PM
the info from the link was perfect. i did program, auto * and the mailbox number twice + 1 and it worked perfectly. thanks phonemeister.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help