atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: benb TDA100 audio delay - 05/07/07 05:49 PM
Haven't been to this customer site but the phone company has and says it's our equipment (heard that one before). Customer says that on incoming calls after lifting the handset there is about a five second delay before they can speak. Any ideas? I was thinking possibly changing the CID timer to 0 seconds if they don't have caller ID though that usually just makes calls ring in quicker not change the delay after picking up. I have a feeling that it's something on the lines themselves like low loop current.
Posted By: brokeda Re: TDA100 audio delay - 05/07/07 09:19 PM
Have had this on PRI when Clock Priority was not set properly. But your right, always look at loop current.
Posted By: OBT Re: TDA100 audio delay - 05/08/07 02:43 AM
I would stick a test phone on the line and test it before the system.

Are they using headsets,I had it before where they press the answer key as they were saying company greeting and customer did not hear the first part.
There is a slight delay between pick up and answer but the time it takes to get handset to ear it is answered. And in my experance 5 seconds by the customer is really only 1 second.
Posted By: kevhawk13 Re: TDA100 audio delay - 05/08/07 08:19 AM
Is the call coming through an auto attendant or ringing directly to the extensions?
Posted By: benb Re: TDA100 audio delay - 05/08/07 08:43 AM
Figured out the problem is with the system. Calls ring directly to the TVA50 into a custom service menu. The TVA is set up for FX transfers due to the school it is in I didn't want to set up fwd at the phones (people tend to press that button and turn it off even when they don't know what it does). Wierd thing is calling from my cell phone the AA answers on the first ring. I dial an extension and answer the call as it's ringing the phone. In my cell phone I still here another full ring cycle before I get connected with the extension. I ended up changing the system to FXD transfers and setting up forwarding at the phones. Couldn't figure out where the problem was coming from after looking at every timer in the TDA and TVA. Any one have a solution or know what's causing this???
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: budweiser Re: TDA100 audio delay - 05/08/07 07:47 PM
one of my tda100 customers called me a few weeks ago with the same exact problem - they get a call through the tva and ther is a 3-5 second delay before the call was connected. all i had to do was reset both the tda and the tva.(power down/power up) since then - no problems.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help