atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: klango kxt7731 still time problems - 11/26/08 08:20 AM
I have a panasonic KX-T7731 with a total of 10 phones.

I have tried to change the time on my panasonic a couple of different ways according to on-line help guides but still can't do it. This is what I have done:

1. hit program,0 and then the year, month, day, etc is displayed. I get to that point. After I type in the year, month day and day of the week, I get a beeping sound and it won't let me type in the new time.

2. pick up the phone and hit extension 11. It automatically defaults to my main line (#1) and doesn't do anything. I try to hit 77 but it really doesn't do anything but my number 1 extension is lit up.

3. hit program as described. I can't get past the first * without the beeping sound.

Each of these are done at my main administrator phone. I would appreciate any help.
Posted By: KLD Re: kxt7731 still time problems - 11/26/08 08:35 AM
welcome to the BB, klango.

Depending on the system you have (and the KX-T7731 is the style of telephone, not the system) it should work. Your system is the box in the back room somewhere and will say "Panasonic" and a number.

Item 1....sounds like you are not entering the information correctly or it would not beep at you. Did you write down the info displayed before you started programming? yy/mm/dd-day of week-hh/mm-am/pm.

Item 2....I am not sure what you are trying to do by hitting extension 11 (must be a really old Panasonic with new phones - new Panasonics have 3 digit extension numbers) and all you are doing is programming the extension, not the system.

Item 3....NEVER post passwords in public forums, even though it is an incorrect password. Please edit your post removing this.

There is also a FAQ on setting your time here on the BB. You need to know what type of system you have, not the type of telephone set.

Once you have found the "brain box" and get the correct system information ... please post again so we can correctly assist you.
Posted By: klango Re: kxt7731 still time problems - 11/26/08 08:56 AM
Thanks Ken. Yes, you are right. The phone system is a KX TVA50. Yes, I did right down the info and went methodically through the steps a dozen times.

Item 2 may be an old post that I got off the internet.

Item 3. I just copied this off the internet and doesn't relate to any password that I know of. I will delete. Thanks,

Kurt
Posted By: OBT Re: kxt7731 still time problems - 11/26/08 09:01 AM
KLD is right about the format are you doing,
as KLD said
program 0 then
Year (00–99), Month (01–12), Day (01–31), Day of the week (0–6: Sun-Sat), Hour (01–12), Minute (00–59), AM/PM (0/1)
it has to be done at phone set as attendant

KLD the newer units you can change the number plan on the 308 and 824, I always do as I dont see any point in having 3 digits on the smaller systems. only thing it does is puts a # in front of some codes
Posted By: KLD Re: kxt7731 still time problems - 11/26/08 09:37 AM
Thanks for the response, Kurt. The TVA 50 is your voice mail unit. It is wired to the KSU...probably a KXTA or KXTD. That box is the one that tells you what system you have. Like OBT said numbers can be changed. Here in the USA we only have the KXTA824, no 308. You could have an older KXTA 624. Or the KXTD 816/1232. Or the ..... see what we mean?

Take a quick peek again, and we'll try to get you going.

Thanks for cleaning up the post.

Let us know how it comes out.
Posted By: klango Re: kxt7731 still time problems - 11/26/08 10:42 AM
Ken,
Third time is a charm (I hope). It is a KX TA 824 Advanced Hybrid System.

Kurt
Posted By: kevhawk13 Re: kxt7731 still time problems - 11/26/08 12:36 PM
What is the extension you are trying to accomplsh this from? If you walk up to the phone and press the star key while it is idle you can scroll to the extension number. You should be extension 101, by default. Sounds like your numbering plan has been changed, so verify you are at the 1st station. In fact, take a phone to the ksu and plug in directly to jack 1. Then try your step 3 from above.
Posted By: klango Re: kxt7731 still time problems - 11/26/08 01:07 PM
I spoke with the moderator and fixed the issue. I'll go through the manual and try to post the answer for future onlookers.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help