atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jack Damage changing custom service on the fly - 09/30/10 08:57 AM
i have a customer that needs to change greetings (custom service menus) wen they go into a meetings, or whatever. This CS is set up to transfer to the mailboxes since they are not answering the phone at that time, and then change it back when they are done.

I checked 998 and 999, but could not find a way to do this at the user level.

Is this possible with out a laptop?
Posted By: 94astro Re: changing custom service on the fly - 09/30/10 12:44 PM
Yes, Day/Lunch/Break/Night mode

What type of system and vm?
Posted By: Jack Damage Re: changing custom service on the fly - 10/05/10 09:32 AM
TVS50/TA624

They also want to use it for holidays, and frankly, they are not too tech savy regarding this stuff. It's like trying to explaing technical crap to your Mom!

I was hoping for an easy way to just switch from CS1 to CS2 and back manually, like going into F983 on a Nortel and changing the greeting in the table.
Posted By: brokeda Re: changing custom service on the fly - 10/05/10 04:47 PM
That's what you do here. You have a Day/Nite/Lunch button. Pres button once = Nite, twice Break mode, colors change too. Red solid red = nite, I think Solid Green = Break. If your 624 supports it, only real old one would not.
All they have to is push a button and look at display.
And no you can't change the names of the time periods.
You don't rerecord anything, you set custom service for Day/Nite/Lunch
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: changing custom service on the fly - 10/05/10 06:36 PM
That's some pretty fancy feature. Wonder why they put it in the 624 and not the 824 LOL

Oh. Now the real explanation is you can program quick dial keys for 781# 782# and 783# or just remember to dial them by hand.

Please don't post back and tell me it can be assigned to buttons by 4,5 and 6. How many DSS consoles have you seen on a 624?

Now I think I can do that on my 848......

Carl
Posted By: 94astro Re: changing custom service on the fly - 10/05/10 08:34 PM
Carl sure knows his analogs!
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: changing custom service on the fly - 10/05/10 08:47 PM
Sadly. I have some chea^h^h^h^h frugal customers. Actually, these 824's are all the 2-man accounting or restaurant with bar, order counter, office need. The free DISA works for them and the phone hardly ever goes on "nite" mode once they open and there's no "voice mail", or it's CO based.

I bought a pair of 848's the month before I went to TDA class to learn ICD's. One went to a customer and one went into my office. It's still there with an 0141 cell station and a TVA-50 VM with LAN card(added later). They were my first and only 2 TAW's.
Posted By: brokeda Re: changing custom service on the fly - 10/05/10 08:48 PM
Right. You need 3 buttons, not 1, as pointed out by Carl on the 624 or 824. Other than that pretty simple. And only 3 modes.
Gettin TA mixed up with TDA. :toothy: :toothy:
I have not done much with 6/824 lately, but in the right situation they are great.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: changing custom service on the fly - 10/05/10 08:53 PM
I told ya, that's what that green bottle does to you LOL
Posted By: 94astro Re: changing custom service on the fly - 10/05/10 08:57 PM
Posted By: 94astro Re: changing custom service on the fly - 10/05/10 09:05 PM
Posted By: brokeda Re: changing custom service on the fly - 10/05/10 09:17 PM
Oooooh!!! Rolling Rock!!!! Bring the next 6 pack.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: changing custom service on the fly - 10/05/10 09:26 PM
Even worse, my honey bought Genesse Cream Ale. I think all 30 bottles are still out in the 'fridge.

With luck, they'll freeze solid and break in January and I can quietly throw them away. See, there's something to be said about below zero temps :-)

Oh, I just checked. They're CANS. Sigh. Pop-A-Top.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: changing custom service on the fly - 10/06/10 12:51 AM
Genny cream ale is upstate ny stuff great on draft
heatburn in a can !
Rolling Rock, YEAH. Introduced to it in NC. Now Bud owns it and they moved production out of Latrobe. I think it has changed, but me and anything with AH or Bud on it do NOT get along. I thing it's the splinters from the beechwood. smile
Posted By: 94astro Re: changing custom service on the fly - 10/06/10 10:41 AM
Make it sierra nevada torpedo's!

Carl, wouldn't it be 780#, 781# and 782#?
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: changing custom service on the fly - 10/06/10 12:21 PM
No, it's 1/2/3. If you never sell an analog system, you never have to RTFM, but this one is odd. You can have automatic switching and manual switching. You can override the auto switch with the 78x commands and it will resynch when the auto clock event occurs EXCEPT if you manually switch into lunch :-)

That's your 780# command. It turns on the auto clock from manual lunch.
Posted By: 94astro Re: changing custom service on the fly - 10/06/10 12:40 PM
Damnit! I could swear I was gonna prove you wrong on that one....

The 848's were actually pretty nice. They're basically a tda50 without digital phones and IP capability.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: changing custom service on the fly - 10/06/10 02:18 PM
No, they were horrible, only a cut above the 824, and about the same as a 50. That's why I only have 1.5 in my customer base...counting my office spare as .5. Once I certifed on TDA, I didn't ever have a reason to sell an 848.

If Panasonic ever sucks it up and creates a 24 usable button analog phone to work on the TA series sets, (along with ring groups, different CF, etc.) they'd have a huge winner. Button shortness pushes us into TDA-50's over 824's and an (now) obsolete 848 gave you TD features but still didn't solve the button weakness.
Posted By: 94astro Re: changing custom service on the fly - 10/06/10 04:38 PM
The 848's were nice because they worked with the cell sites. If they are horrible and still a cut above the 824 that makes the 824's a piece of ish, my thoughts all along. I hope they DON'T come out with a 24 feature button phone on the analogs, keep those on the tda's!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help