atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: xyamir panavoice voicemail does not answer - 05/13/11 02:01 PM
i have no phone system knowledge.

my boss wanted to know what are our voicemail line numbers, so i unplugged them from the wall and plugged a regular phone to try and find out thru caller id what are the phone numbers, clearly it did not work. so i replugged the lines in the same order to the wall and now our voicemail does not work.

the 4 lines i unplugged were going directly to the panavoice box.

i reboot the system and played around with some config settings based on the technician's manual and i still have the same problem.

when the receptions transfers a call to an extension it suppose to ring a few times then go to voicemail. that does not happen any more, it just goes to blank, dead space, nothing.

i searched the forum and tried some of the prog + auto + * + # + # + hold and other variations but nothing worked.

we have a Panasonic DBS and a panavoice v2 voicemail system.

any help will be greatly appreciated!!

thanks,
amir
Posted By: Alvaphonepro Re: panavoice voicemail does not answer - 05/13/11 02:42 PM
Call in a Tech with DBS experience. You might have blown the voice-mail interface card. I am not understanding exactly what you did and why??
Posted By: rich30529 Re: panavoice voicemail does not answer - 05/13/11 04:44 PM
PM sent.
Posted By: 3IMPFPT Re: panavoice voicemail does not answer - 05/22/11 09:25 AM
The terminal type of the voice mail ports may have reverted to default. It needs to be 10 if the voice mail ports are on an AEC card or a 15 if they connect through an SLT adapter. If you use an API card with out-of-band signaling, the terminal type of the ports need to be set to 41 through 44 or 48 depending on the number of ports.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help