atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TSDuke KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 08/29/11 01:30 PM
I've been using this system of over 10 years & have never really had any problems. Model KX-TD816, KX-TVS200 vp system, KX-T7436-B main phone with several KX-T7433 phones. I came back from the weekend & the phones are in "Lunch Mode". In the 10 years I've used the phones I've never seen Lunch Mode, only night or day modes. The phones won't ring, when I press any of the buttons the display usually says Lunch Mode, although some of the buttons don't display anything.

I'm not receiving any business calls, & my employees use a dedicated line to check in & out from jobs, that line isn't working either.

I've tried the reset button on the side of the 816, I've tried unplugging it for a while, to no avail.

I've gone over the entire manual several times, searched the internet, downloaded pdf's with hopes there would be some help. I've run out of ideas.

One good thing is I can still enter program mode by hitting Program 99, but I have no idea what to do from there.

Please help, thanks in advance.
Posted By: OBT Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 08/29/11 01:51 PM
781# will put it into day mode from first extension or reception phone
Posted By: TSDuke Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 08/29/11 02:21 PM
That doesn't seem to work. I think I may have a bigger problem. When I pick the phone up, & don't choose a line, just the intercom light is on, the display says CO Not Assigned. Same thing when I hit the speaker phone button.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 08/29/11 04:04 PM
It's probably toast, but as quickly as you can, press SP-Phone and dial 799 (or is that 790?). You don't want the intercom dialing the access code before you get a chance to reset the port. If that doesn't get you, it would be time to initialize then start searching ePay for a replacement KSU. Try for at least a circle 5 1232. Find an Installation and Programming manuals.

Carl
Posted By: OBT Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 08/30/11 01:02 AM
Sounds like the phone is hotlined. Do as Carl said or press program 99 on phone with hs down then press 1 it should show co .. Press intercom button and store. Should stop it tring to pick co line
Posted By: Dalavar Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 08/30/11 07:20 AM
Actually 781 is night mode 780 is day mode on the TD's. Intercom 780 and you should be good to go. Also this can usually only be done from jack 01 unless allowed at other extensions in programming.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 08/30/11 03:39 PM
Actually I wasn't saying put it in day/night mode. I'm trying to do an extension reset. That can be done on any and all extensions....

It's 790 Staton Data Clear.
Posted By: Dalavar Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 08/31/11 07:07 AM
Was in response to OBT's post.
Posted By: TSDuke Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 08/31/11 07:50 AM
Thanks guys, but nothing that has been suggested works. Display says Not Valid. I'm assuming it's toast.
Posted By: wi phoneman Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 08/31/11 10:59 AM
"Not valid" could indicate that you are at a telephone that is not allowed Day/Night privileges if you are trying to manually switch it. If you know how to do system programming you could set time mode to automatic and see if you can get around it. If not call a tech and have him declare it toast.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 08/31/11 01:14 PM
not valid comes up when station is locked too
Posted By: OBT Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 08/31/11 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Dalavar:
Was in response to OBT's post.
Your right, it is 780.

can you press intercom and dial an extension number?
Posted By: wi phoneman Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 08/31/11 02:31 PM
Vet would locked still allow him to do day/night? That is an intercom function.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 08/31/11 03:33 PM
A locked ext can still make intercom calls.
Posted By: realfoneguy Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 09/01/11 07:28 AM
Originally posted by OBT:
781# will put it into day mode from first extension or reception phone
780 will put it in day mode. # is not needed. Try a 782 and 783, then 780. This from the first extension. Program 99 is not full programming. The PBX may also be controlled by the 200, although not sure if it had a lunch mode in it, I don't think so though. Bottom line is, you may be able to download the program, then reset the cabinet and reload it. My number if needed, 585-247-3724
Posted By: realfoneguy Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 09/01/11 10:06 AM
Did you default the cabinet yet?
Posted By: OBT Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 09/01/11 02:49 PM
The reason I asked if he can dial an internal ext is to see what functions are working.
I would default the system as last resource it could be a simple thing and if you get a tech in that knows the Panasonic system would resolve it in a short time. Defaulting the system could leave you in as much trouble and cost more to reprogram
Posted By: brokeda Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 09/02/11 10:15 PM
For $%$%$% sake, no phone system for 3 days.
Call in a tech, it's most likely a simple thing or toast!!
I need some duck tape for my head to keep it from exploding!
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: KX-TD816 Stuck in Lunch Mode - 09/03/11 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Carl Navarro:
It's probably toast, but as quickly as you can, press SP-Phone and dial 799 (or is that 790?). You don't want the intercom dialing the access code before you get a chance to reset the port. If that doesn't get you, it would be time to initialize then start searching ePay for a replacement KSU. Try for at least a circle 5 1232. Find an Installation and Programming manuals.

Carl
There's that echo.....
I just picked up an 816, still in my van from Thursday. It's not going to the new home, they'll be using a TA-824. It's cheaper to do that and get CID and 3 new display phones than refurb the 816 box and add phones.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help