atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: papsp Problem with KX-T61610 Doorphone - 10/04/11 04:25 PM
I have a KX-T61610 back at home. Recently I had the doorphone option (KX-T30865) installed.

I have installed only 1 doorphone. The distance between the doorphone and the 61610 is 180 ft approx, and the wiring is 26 awg.

I've programmed the 61610 so that every station is allowed to communicate with the doorphone.

Everything works fine, BUT one annoying detail: When the button is pressed on the doorphone, all stations ring as expected, I pickup the phone in any one of them, and I hear and talk with no problems.

But, when I hangup, right away the whole system rings again, as if someone had pressed the button again, but that's not the case.

I went so far as to get another doorphone unit, to no avail.

Does someone have a clue about this issue ? I'm an engineer with a lot experience with Pet Scan equipment, but I'm clueless here.

Thank you all guys in advance.
Posted By: Alvaphonepro Re: Problem with KX-T61610 Doorphone - 10/04/11 05:55 PM
26 guage. 180 feet. Can you double up your pairs? 2 wires connected together to increase your wire gauge? Is it twisted pair cable between the controller and the door box?
Posted By: papsp Re: Problem with KX-T61610 Doorphone - 10/04/11 09:22 PM
Thanks for your prompt reply. You see, in order to discard any wiring malfunction, I´ve run a test connecting the doorphone unit to the T61610 with only 4 feet of cable.

The behaviour remained the same. I'm using a multpair cable,and as I had some pair free, I've just connected 2 more pairs. And the problem persists.

Thank you for your help.
Posted By: Alvaphonepro Re: Problem with KX-T61610 Doorphone - 10/05/11 04:30 AM
Ahhh...Make sure that you are connected properly to the controller. Pins 3-4 (center 2 pins)for doorbox 1. The KXT 30860 is capable of supporting 2 doorboxes. Try the other input. pins 2-5 of the modular connector on the controller. Also try a reset on the KSU. Let us know if that helps. After surviving Lymphoma I am familiar with a PET scanner as well.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Problem with KX-T61610 Doorphone - 10/05/11 06:02 AM
you mean dp1=4&5 dp2=2=3&6
Posted By: papsp Re: Problem with KX-T61610 Doorphone - 10/05/11 08:57 AM
@Alvaphonepro: Thanks for the hints ! I´m going to try and use the doorphone #2 input. And so far I haven't the KSU resetted, going to try that.

As soon as I've done those, will let you know !

Now, thankfully my experience with the pet scanners lies on the pcb side of the counter. I'd rather inspect the unit than have it inspecting myself !

Defeating Hodgkin's is by no means a small feat ! These are the kind of imagery that scares the hell out of me ! Congratulations and please, hope you stay very far away from the scanners !
Posted By: Alvaphonepro Re: Problem with KX-T61610 Doorphone - 10/06/11 04:29 AM
you mean dp1=4&5 dp2=2=3&6 Yeah...That's what I meant.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Problem with KX-T61610 Doorphone - 10/06/11 10:23 AM
If you added the doorphone module, rather than just connecting it, you 'may' have to default and reprogram the cabinet! frown (Been there, done that)
Posted By: papsp Re: Problem with KX-T61610 Doorphone - 10/07/11 05:22 AM
Hi there !

Well, problem is solved. Resetting the KSU didn't change anything, so I connected the doorphone to the #2 input and it did the trick !

It seems I've got a problem with #1, be it on the adapter or even in the KSU.

Thank you very much for your help & replies!!

Again, thank you !
Posted By: Alvaphonepro Re: Problem with KX-T61610 Doorphone - 10/07/11 10:48 AM
I would guess that you have a bad controller. Lightning perhaps..
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help