atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Curlycord Panasonic TDE100 tied to fire alarm system - 07/23/12 10:35 AM
Client would like to know when the fire alarm goes off can they make it so it goes off on the phones as well via page.

Any ideas?
Yes first ? probably no for second ? OPB3 board with Door Phone 4 Card mounted on it has Sensor inputs and You could create a ICD group for alarm system ringing and the point sensor closure at that icd group!! you may be able to have a mailbox for that icd group set to overflow on a no answer but don't know if mail box will send a email to sms text on
a recording of silence .....
Posted By: OBT Re: Panasonic TDE100 tied to fire alarm system - 07/23/12 11:40 AM
you would put a voice dialer on a extension and set number ad *33xx setting up a all page group for all phones and external paging if installed

here is one:

https://www.specialtyalarms.com/site/1313932/product/70-800
Yes between what you suggested and i have tested
with a paddle switch contact closure for basement flooding he could get it both to work ? OBT could he not also add 600 as a member of icd group alarm created for alarm indication providing they don't put conman ringing thru pa system? Naming that icd group button :ALARM !! ALARM and giving it a distinctive ring also will work nicely !!
Posted By: OBT Re: Panasonic TDE100 tied to fire alarm system - 07/23/12 02:10 PM
No, you cant add external pager in ring group.

I have not used sensor card before,it should work ok. does it stop ringing after sensor is closed
Mikesandman.com
Has stuff to make anything happen from just about any action.
"Yes first ? probably no for second ?"

To be clear its only 1 question.

When the alarm goes off they want to hear it over the speakers on the phones (via paging speakers on the sets).

I can only assume some sort of auto dialer connected to ATA on the Panasonic and program it to dial the feature code to page?.

I am more interested on my options within the Panasonic, i.e ATA or Trunk with DISA or some other way?

Once I have that info I relay it to the Alarm company as to what they need to supply us in the way of hardware etc.

Thanks!

T
Posted By: OBT Re: Panasonic TDE100 tied to fire alarm system - 07/24/12 01:58 PM
you will have to add an external device to get the system to page,
the idea shawn had with adding sensor board and use that to ring a group called alarm, to have a different sound, you will need a spare button.

the unit I linked to, will connect to an extension, you could record a siren sound for it to play or instructions to leave. it is triggered by a closing contact by the alarm panel
Posted By: Owain Re: Panasonic TDE100 tied to fire alarm system - 07/24/12 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Curlycord:

When the alarm goes off they want to hear it over the speakers on the phones (via paging speakers on the sets).
My question back would be - why?

Phone systems and wiring aren't fail-safe and continuously monitored like fire alarm sounder circuits. They simply wouldn't count as part of the fire alarm system provision. If the existing sounders are inaudible then additional sounders are needed - not a linkup to a phone system which is quite likely to go out of use early on in a fire thanks to loss of power or damaged cabling.

Standards here (UK) require the same sound/tone to be used for all fire alarm systems on the same site, if your area is similar you may have to duplicate exactly - in synchronicity - the existing sounder tones.
Sounds like the client is trying to keep from having the proper fire alarm installed. I can't see how this could meet code.
next the client will want a indication on the phone system when they run out of coffee!!
Originally posted by Curlycord:
"Yes first ? probably no for second ?"

To be clear its only 1 question.

I can only assume some sort of auto dialer connected to ATA on the Panasonic and program it to dial the feature code to page?.

I am more interested on my options within the Panasonic, i.e ATA or Trunk with DISA or some other way?

Once I have that info I relay it to the Alarm company as to what they need to supply us in the way of hardware etc.

Thanks!

T
with my suggestion you would need a set of dry contacts from the alarm company what is the difference between the phones ringing with words ALARM ALARM on the lcd screen or have a fog horn blast through the paging speakers ??
Posted By: OBT Re: Panasonic TDE100 tied to fire alarm system - 07/25/12 10:27 AM
Originally posted by kxtvet:
next the client will want a indication on the phone system when they run out of coffee!!
We could do that too with a sensor under the coffee pot. When it reaches a certain resistance it will trigger a relay 😜
As for the alarm , it could be done. Would I do it. No
hey you should patent that idea then when you run low on office supplies like TP and paper clips
or what ever you will get an alarm over the pa !!!
Posted By: Owain Re: Panasonic TDE100 tied to fire alarm system - 08/10/12 08:43 PM
[quote=kxtvet]next the client will want a indication on the phone system when they run out of coffee!! [/quote] That's actually quite sensible, if the person responsible for refilling the coffee machine is remote from it. For a LIFE CRITICAL SAFETY SYSTEM it is not at all sensible.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help