web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Client would like to know when the fire alarm goes off can they make it so it goes off on the phones as well via page.

Any ideas?

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Yes first ? probably no for second ? OPB3 board with Door Phone 4 Card mounted on it has Sensor inputs and You could create a ICD group for alarm system ringing and the point sensor closure at that icd group!! you may be able to have a mailbox for that icd group set to overflow on a no answer but don't know if mail box will send a email to sms text on
a recording of silence .....

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
you would put a voice dialer on a extension and set number ad *33xx setting up a all page group for all phones and external paging if installed

here is one:

https://www.specialtyalarms.com/site/1313932/product/70-800

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Yes between what you suggested and i have tested
with a paddle switch contact closure for basement flooding he could get it both to work ? OBT could he not also add 600 as a member of icd group alarm created for alarm indication providing they don't put conman ringing thru pa system? Naming that icd group button :ALARM !! ALARM and giving it a distinctive ring also will work nicely !!

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
No, you cant add external pager in ring group.

I have not used sensor card before,it should work ok. does it stop ringing after sensor is closed

Mikesandman.com
Has stuff to make anything happen from just about any action.

OP Offline
"Yes first ? probably no for second ?"

To be clear its only 1 question.

When the alarm goes off they want to hear it over the speakers on the phones (via paging speakers on the sets).

I can only assume some sort of auto dialer connected to ATA on the Panasonic and program it to dial the feature code to page?.

I am more interested on my options within the Panasonic, i.e ATA or Trunk with DISA or some other way?

Once I have that info I relay it to the Alarm company as to what they need to supply us in the way of hardware etc.

Thanks!

T

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
you will have to add an external device to get the system to page,
the idea shawn had with adding sensor board and use that to ring a group called alarm, to have a different sound, you will need a spare button.

the unit I linked to, will connect to an extension, you could record a siren sound for it to play or instructions to leave. it is triggered by a closing contact by the alarm panel

Originally posted by Curlycord:

When the alarm goes off they want to hear it over the speakers on the phones (via paging speakers on the sets).
My question back would be - why?

Phone systems and wiring aren't fail-safe and continuously monitored like fire alarm sounder circuits. They simply wouldn't count as part of the fire alarm system provision. If the existing sounders are inaudible then additional sounders are needed - not a linkup to a phone system which is quite likely to go out of use early on in a fire thanks to loss of power or damaged cabling.

Standards here (UK) require the same sound/tone to be used for all fire alarm systems on the same site, if your area is similar you may have to duplicate exactly - in synchronicity - the existing sounder tones.

Sounds like the client is trying to keep from having the proper fire alarm installed. I can't see how this could meet code.

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,805
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,064 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ruben, Toner), 173 guests, and 406 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024