Ok well the original tech who installed these phones had them together on a clip or something? So the new tech had to run a new line because the line couldn't hold the phone load with it clipped that way. So he did and everything works fine. Just a setting was disengaged on the voicemail system that would make the default greeting answer automatically when clients call. Nothing has been erased or anything.

The new tech was actually my dad! I didn't inform him of the voicemail system so he never checked it since it was a quick favor for my boss. He is unable to come back here for a while and there is no point if its clearly just a setting that needs to be set. The phone system is a Nortel T7316.

If anybody knows how to just reactivate a greeting that already exists in the system then please let me know. The book only explains how to record a new greeting but I'm trying to just work with what we already have. I've listened to it so I know its still on here and I know how to get to it...just not how to save it as my default.