This has been an ongoing problem, but have had no success correcting. This is installed in a very small office, about 10-15 users. They keep getting messages in there inbox that are just hang-ups or error tone(fast beep) or CO message saying "if you'd like to make a call please hang up and try again". I had written off the hang-ups as just that, hang-ups, but I'm starting to think they are part of the symptoms.
It sounded to me like the key voice was dialing an extension then getting an outside line and by the time the extension went to voice mail the outside line was at its error tone, or "if you like to make a call...." message.
I set all ports of v-mail to have no oustide line access (since integration is serial this should not effect performance.....right), but this did not solve problem.
I probably made this a lot more confusing than it should be. Sorry.
Oh and there's one more thing. I was watching the line status screen once and the voice mail sys was going into box 106 on two or three lines at once. Then one would hang up and pick back up and do it again. Shortly after she had 4 phony messages.
The next step for me in my small brain is nuclear. 86 the whole system f-disk the hard drive and reload the software. This wont be hard to do since it's so small, but I wanted to run it by you guys first to see if I'm totally off base.
Any Ideas?
Thanks
Casey Franks