I have an IDS 228 system with all offnet traffic handled over 60 channels of T-1. I'm having problems diverting calls to an offnet (long-distance) location at night. In an attempt to accomplish this, I set up system speed dial number 198 to be *41 plus the area code and number. In the G (Call Forwarding and VMS) screen, I specified that all calls at night that are delivered to a specific SLI port be forwarded to *198. In the YA (DID Digit Translation) screen, I specified that all calls with a specific DNIS get routed to the SLI port.

The system speed dial number is dialed properly when it's programmed on a function key of a digital phone and I press the function key after I have a dialtone on a trunk. When an outside caller dials into the system with the specified DNIS, the system appears to make an attempt at the diversion. I believe the speed dial function never detects a CO dialtone and eventually times out. In any case, the diversion is never completed, and the caller is disconnected after about 10 seconds.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

[This message has been edited by Andrew_in_Naperville (edited March 26, 2005).]