web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#46687 03/26/05 10:30 AM
OP Offline
I have an IDS 228 system with all offnet traffic handled over 60 channels of T-1. I'm having problems diverting calls to an offnet (long-distance) location at night. In an attempt to accomplish this, I set up system speed dial number 198 to be *41 plus the area code and number. In the G (Call Forwarding and VMS) screen, I specified that all calls at night that are delivered to a specific SLI port be forwarded to *198. In the YA (DID Digit Translation) screen, I specified that all calls with a specific DNIS get routed to the SLI port.

The system speed dial number is dialed properly when it's programmed on a function key of a digital phone and I press the function key after I have a dialtone on a trunk. When an outside caller dials into the system with the specified DNIS, the system appears to make an attempt at the diversion. I believe the speed dial function never detects a CO dialtone and eventually times out. In any case, the diversion is never completed, and the caller is disconnected after about 10 seconds.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

[This message has been edited by Andrew_in_Naperville (edited March 26, 2005).]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

There is a good chance the T-1 provider is not providing dial tone. I believe the sequence should be changed to *1 1 area code and number. This will pause 1 second on outbound. *4 is trying to detect dialtone.

------------------
HTTP://www.avidcomm.net
Talk less, say more.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Do You have any trunks in Group 1?

All system speed dials will go out in Trunk Group 1 ONLY.

You can also check the Divert Timers on the ' B ' screen bottom right.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
OP Offline
I tried your suggestions today without much success. *1 works the same as *4 for me except that there's a slightly longer delay before dialing begins with the *1. All of the trunks are in Trunk Group 1. The Divert Timer on the "B" screen is set to 30 minutes.

When I monitor the "C" (System Status) screen while attempting the diversion, here's what I see:

For less than a second...

CO STAT EXT
1 TiDt <---

CO STAT EXT
1 Ring

For four ringback cycles...

CO STAT EXT
1 Dvrt 59 (caller hears ringback now)
59 Dvrt 1

CO STAT EXT
1 COWt 59
59 COWt 1

For about six seconds...

CO STAT EXT
1 TiDt (caller hears ICM dialtone)

For two ringback cycles...

CO STAT EXT
1 Ring (caller hears ringback)

The call then disconnects. I'm really stumped on this and need to get it working as soon as possible. Any more suggestions of things to try would be appreciated.

Well, in your C screen , all looks good, line 1 rings in and gets diverted back out on line 59....can you direct-select line 59 in your system? dial 9059 to pick it up on a keyset(it might be busy)cause, it's probably going to be the first line accessed for outgoing calls, but that would also tell you if line 59 has dial tone on it...I'm trying to remember, if there was a place where You could program wether or not system speed dials were blocked by Toll Restriction tables, I know in the earlier software they were Not blocked, that might be something you could look into.

You could try entering a ' Local ' number as a test to see if that is it.

[This message has been edited by nonameyet (edited March 27, 2005).]

OP Offline
The option you are referring to is System Speed Override Toll in the M (Options Menu). Mine is set to N which the documentation says means the system speed dial numbers will override a station’s toll restriction.

I'll try to direct access the line as well as try a local number tomorrow. Thanks.

OP Offline
Yes, I can access the line directly and hear a CO dialtone. I tried programming a local number (*4 plus 7-digits), and it works the same way as when the long distance number was in there. Thanks for any additional suggestions.

JJ Offline
It looks correct the way you are setup.

This is how I usually setup:

1) Set a fwd to station speed key 839 Sub 030 and put the number into that station speed bin 30, the user will be able to set on or off by pressing the key.
2) In the "G" screen you can fwd to a system speed dial i.e. bin *199 or *198.
Also when programming a speed bin put a *4 before the number to allow the system to wait for Dialtone before dialing the digits.

You say it is going out T1.
Do you have any pots lines on system you can try using?

Good LucK!!

If all else fails, use a BFH.
hmmm, lets go back to the ' C ' screen

When the line rings in, do You see ' Your ext ' that You programmed to receive the Digits on(it should be Blinking) in the bottom right side of the C screen?

Also, In the G screen, You have the Ext fwd'ed on All CO calls to *198 ?

The system WON'T fwd Intercom calls

and last, I'm grasping here... on Your SLT port, do You have any Trunk Group Keys?(program at least 2)

could be 300 sub 100 (or 300 sub 20)LCR keys.

[This message has been edited by nonameyet (edited March 28, 2005).]

OP Offline
Well, it took two weeks, but I have a working solution for my offnet forwarding at night. I never got the methods suggested here to work. The solution was actually incredibly simple. I set up a dummy agent group and used the call sequence screen to route the calls to a system speed dial number.

Thanks to all who helped me figure this one out.

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,650 Shoretel
189,538 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 174 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024