Hi everyone:

I really need some help with a burial project. I'm in a bit over my head. I'm the programmer, and can do basic cross-connecting and terminating, but I think this job requires more. Here's the scenario:

-I need to run a 25-pair cable from building a to building b. The run will be about 75 feet.

-I have new conduit that the cable will go in.

-A good friend of mine who is a phone vendor gave me 175ft. of 25-pair cable to use for the project.

-The phone system I'm using is an Avaya Partner ACS (v6).

-Building A has the KSU. Building B will have three phone extensions (2 pairs for each extension).

-The CO/POTS line will come over from Building A to Building B.

-I need to hook a cable from the outside line at Building B to an elevator phone and an alarm panel.

---

Do I need lightening protection if I'm going below ground? One side, both sides, and what would I use? I'm in southwest Wisconsin; we do get storms and lightening occasionally, but not real often.

Will I need anything specific for the phone sets to work? I thought I remembered something about Partner phone sets needing some in-building/out-of-building thing, but I'm not sure.

I want to use 66 blocks because I just prefer them, and they're easier for me to work with. In Buildings A&B, can I wire my phone sets directly to the block that has the cable coming across, or do I need to have the phone sets on a different 66-block, and then cross-connect them to the other one?

Any help that you guys could provide would be gratefully accepted and most appreciated. Thanks again!