Originally Posted by hitechcomm
Iphone or Droid...

And that is the sad state of affairs on the mobile market at this point… 2 choices. I was in Verizon the other day paying a bill and just happened to go look at some of the phones. This guy came up to me and stated he just can’t decide what to get with all the choices in front of him. I just laughed and said well there are really only 2; Droid clones, which all do the same thing and iPhone. Three years ago, you had Blackberry (which they have about 1 more year and better hit it big with the next OS release, or will be going bye bye like Nortel). Palm/Web OS now essentially gone, Nokia and Symbian; pretty much gone.

I won’t do google because of the complete violation of privacy you commit to when using any droid device. I won’t do iPhone because of the lack of nice play with windows; I think they do it out of spite just to prove a point.

So at this point im banking with Window Phone. The game plan seems to be to build a unified interface with the release of Window 8, Phone 8, and a win Tablet, so no matter the device there is coherence between them all; we’ll see…

I have a Window 7 phone; and it works as advertise never crashes or need for reboots. They claim to have well over 100,000 apps in the market, but if you strip away the other languages apps; user interface apps; ringtone apps; weather apps; you have only about 43 useful apps that you may actually benefit from. Now if you’re interested in Apps the calculate your body fat to the size of your hand in direct relation to your shoes size; I say go with iPhone or Droid; you won’t miss out.

As of now, Nokia is said to now support only Window OS on their phones. And are due to release a slew of LTE phone within the year.

https://www.wpcentral.com/report-verizon-will-have-new-nokia-windows-phone-8-device-later-year