Thanks for the information about the tenant groups, I hadn't thought about that at all. I played with this table a bit and understand better now what the newer software does. I couldn't find a copy of the newer manual, so I just experimented until I figured out the programming for this feature. For anyone else who needs this information and doesn't have the newer manual, you have to do as Ed said above: each day is entered separately and you enter the start time for day and night (and special), rather than the old way of entering when night ended and started, and you have to enter the start time for day, night and special for each day. So, an entry for Monday (button 2) with Day starting at 8 am and night starting at 5 pm and special being ignored would look like this:

AUTO DAY NIGHT SPL MON
YES 0800 1700 #### 00-1

Note the 00-1 at the end, that would be as Derrick said above for tenant group 00. The -1 is the first level programming for tenant group 00 and that is probably all you need for most applications. However, if you need a more complicated setup, you can press button 9 and go to additional programming for tenant group 00. So, you could program the auto night mode to switch off and on and off and on during the day. For instance, if the company wanted to have the phones go to voicemail over lunch, you could program the following:

button 9 is not lit:
AUTO DAY NIGHT SPL MON
YES 0800 1200 #### 00-1

press button 9 so it is lit:
AUTO DAY NIGHT SPL MON
YES 1300 1700 #### 00-2

In this case, on Monday, auto night mode would have the system be in night mode until 8 am (assuming the previous evening it was in night mode) and then be in day mode from 8 am to noon, then in night mode from noon to 1 pm, then in day mode from 1 to 5 pm, then in night mode from 5 pm on.

Hope this helps anyone who needs to use the flash 22 feature with the newer software.