...if someone at ESI corporate...

That made me chuckle a little.

ESI isn't power hungry or untrusting; it seems exactly the opposite: they have gone insane trying to accommodate feedback from far more people than they have staff to satisfy.

If you've ever been on a walkthrough at their building their engineering department ain't huge. It'd probably take half their team just to fix the things discussed in this thread, and we all know we account for maybe 5% of the input they get.

I don't see them circling the drain, but they need to balls-up. Surest way to get yourself to circling the drain is to try and please everyone. They're trying so hard they aren't pleasing anyone, like the drunk girl at the party who can't stand when people don't like her.

I'd be fine if they'd come out and say "Look: We're focusing on WESP, and we're not going to touch anything else until it's done. Got bugs in a CS? Don't care; working on WESP."

But you can only do that if the other products only have relatively minor complaints. Seems there's too many big issues across the board to try and do something like that.