I'm not a hosted IP guy, but our SIP carrier has a Hosted IP product, and we have replaced a bunch of Hosted IP setups---so I'm a bit familiar with the product.

You may not have to do anything to get him up and running.....or you may end up jumping through hoops you never even thought of.
My guess is that Optimum has their own website and will give the customer a password and id name and id number to get in and program their phones. All that is needed is an internet access and away you go. I think our SIP rep has told me that all we have to do is plug in the phones (the Yealink phones are pre-configured and provisioned) and that's it.

Having bought the Cisco phones on the internet and not through the provider--I'm sure that some provisioning and programming will have to be done.

Some Hosted systems have a Gateway and then provide a POE switch for the network. The phones may be Cisco, Aastra, etc. There usually is a customer provided Server and PCs for the network.

Good Luck. It's tough when all of the equipment and all of the services are provided by someone else and YOU are expected to help on the programming and installation. It's really a no-win situation at times. Again, Good Luck.

Last edited by JWRacedog; 10/09/14 01:55 PM.