Hey, guys. Been awhile since I posted here, but a minor, though irritating problem has cropped up and I figured, this is the place to ask. The short version is: Could my ACS be frying my cable co's eMta? Long version: I have had the cable company out twice because of noise on their fake phone line coming from the modem/gateway thing. Each time they come out, they hear the noise, isolate it to the gateway, and then replace it. The noise will be gone for a few months, then start to return. It isn't terribly objectionable, although with the last gateway it had gotten really bad. It sounds like a slight hiss on the line. The internal wiring of the house is fine, the problem is definitely in the gateway itself. I have no issues with the two OOMA devices providing DT for two other lines on the partner, or the Sipura/Linksys ATA's connected to the collectors network (C*net). All those lines are dead quiet. If I swap the noisy line for one of the others, the noise follows the line, and if I plug a 2500 set right into the gateway I hear the hiss. Sorry if this is long winded, but I wanted to be thorough. My question basically is: Could the partner be causing this? Is this an issue anyone has seen before? Also, all my lines go right from the device (eMta, ATA, OOMA, etc.) right into the partner. Nothing is bridged in between.

**EDIT: I replaced my processor finally so this is NOT the one that had the damaged board that I was using previously.

Last edited by ChrisRR; 11/30/15 11:33 PM.