I bought mine outright. I almost didn't, because ¾ of the way through the process, the City and the the FDNY changed the regulations and I could only install 10 panels, not the 14 I was planning on.

In any event, I did it and am on target to produce about 2,000+ KWH this year. That should be between 20 & 25% of my total electrical bill. (In the last 3 years I used 10,416, 8,880 & 9,033 KWH).

I'm getting a pretty sizable Federal Tax rebate because of the Solar Installation, as well as a State Tax rebate and a City rebate (spread over 4 years on my property taxes). All things considered it's not costing me much and should produce some nice returns over the next 20 years.

To me, it was a no brainer - and I've got a 20' wide row house. If I had one of those McMansions that you upstaters have I'd be doing much better.

I'm tracking everything on a spreadsheet and have logged my monthly bills for the last 3 years. I'll no more at the end of the summer with a full years worth of data.

PS. The people I bought it from are in Mt. Vernon. They said it was much easier to get things done up in your neck of the woods.

Sam

Last edited by Silversam; 03/31/17 01:20 PM.

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"