web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
The system is a Magix with Merlin Messaging. They want the dial 0 timout action changed. Currently it dials the general delivery mailbox. They want it to dial a hunt group. If the call is not picked up they want it to roll over to the general delivery mailbox. How can this be set up? Would call parking not be a better idea? I assume the Magix treats hunt groups and park queues as ordinary extensions? As for message waiting lamps can those be assigned to extensions when a message has been left in the general mailbox?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

As far as I know you cannot program a multi mailbox button to see if the general mailbox has a voicemail. You can do it with the IP Office though......And you might be able to use the same phones....As far as the dial 0 timeout action you would log into the Merlin Messaging over the TUI then navigate to setup the dial action timeout. Point it to the hunt group you want and boom you are done. Now one thing, hunt groups do not go to voicemail so someone could be stuck in that group if no one answers. A call park is initiated from a users phone and not from the voicemail. You wouldnt want the voicemail just parking people because no one would know who the call is for.

OP Offline
Yeah, I was just reading about how HGs do not go to VM and you have no overflow either. Could I chain HGs? So if 772 does not pick up after the last extension it can roll over to another HG, say 773?

Yes you can in Overflow program for Group Calling.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,300
Posts638,879
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,769 Shoretel
189,847 CTX100 install
187,972 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
3 members (nortelvoip, dexman, justbill), 143 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024